Bobby’s Baja Build (5 B’s)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bummer I didn't see the blemished ones where sold out? I wouldn't go higher than 20/54 at first unless you are running in a big open space, donuts and and general bashing would probably be murder on the clutch if you go to high on the ratio I think

How big is this track? Is it drag or racing? If a normal track a 34 reed might be a bit much. Those are fast engines to be dipping through turns. Should be fun at the strip though?
It’s a pretty long bumpy straight followed by 4 pretty low speed corners. It’s not ultra competitive racing it’s mostly for laughs and bragging rights but I’d like to still have fun with something that’s a little too fast for its own good

Some say the bigger engines wouldn't perform well at the track but its honestly about throttle control. The main issue would be fuel consumption but with a 5th scale I'm not sure that would be an issue either. Not 5th but I took my 8th scale truggy to the track with a .32 LRP in it when most run a .21. It handled great and power was there when I needed it. If I was racing it it would kill me due to the need of having to do more fuel up pit stops tho.

Y
Some say the bigger engines wouldn't perform well at the track but its honestly about throttle control. The main issue would be fuel consumption but with a 5th scale I'm not sure that would be an issue either. Not 5th but I took my 8th scale truggy to the track with a .32 LRP in it when most run a .21. It handled great and power was there when I needed it. If I was racing it it would kill me due to the need of having to do more fuel up pit stops tho.
Yeah that’s not really a concern it’s just an illegal track that we made at a public park. There’s a start and then everyone just kind of stops after a couple laps when someone is too far in front and then the winner talks loads of poop to everyone else

Just need a bigger fuel take lol

Used to see that in pulling trucks. Some of the guys that didnt make quite the power would hook better amd use the power they had, wile the guys with the most power wouldnt always get a good hook from too much wheel speed. I suspect it would be similar with the dirt track racing

It’s a pretty long bumpy straight followed by 4 pretty low speed corners. It’s not ultra competitive racing it’s mostly for laughs and bragging rights but I’d like to still have fun with something that’s a little too fast for its own good
Good answer. Its not obscene power, but still squirrely in the corners id bet. What are they 10+hp no?

If I were you I would get the RCMAX 54mm carrier or the TR system. Because those carriers have 15mm ID bearings, vs the vertigo has 12mm. Reason that's good is because if you ever went with an rcmax ,or anything that you need black bone gears for, you can reuse that carrier with the blackbone clutch bell that you would need with the Blackbone gearing

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks