Bobby’s Baja Build (5 B’s)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ll look into upgrading springs. I’m gonna try running what I have first. If it needs to be done I’ll do it though. John said he would send out the gaskets and bleeder screws. Obr is gonna be about 4-6 weeks so I’m trying to decide if I want to put the esp back in it for a bit when the build is done or wait for the obr

I’ll look into upgrading springs. I’m gonna try running what I have first. If it needs to be done I’ll do it though. John said he would send out the gaskets and bleeder screws. Obr is gonna be about 4-6 weeks so I’m trying to decide if I want to put the esp back in it for a bit when the build is done or wait for the obr

Hope you have better luck with your thinking than I did. I used the recommended oil weights on DDM site when I put my shocks together and mounted them on the baja and the rear end was just about on the ground. Adjusting the preload collars didn't help at all. Ended up getting the black springs and I also increased the oil weight in the shocks. Granted my Baja weighs 30 pounds which is a bit heavier than stock.

Good luck, hope you have better luck with the springs.

Hope you have better luck with your thinking than I did. I used the recommended oil weights on DDM site when I put my shocks together and mounted them on the baja and the rear end was just about on the ground. Adjusting the preload collars didn't help at all. Ended up getting the black springs and I also increased the oil weight in the shocks. Granted my Baja weighs 30 pounds which is a bit heavier than stock.

Good luck, hope you have better luck with the springs.
I’m sure I’ll have to swap it over

The rest of the parts came in. Started putting together the front and rear assemblies. The IRc shocks don't like to play well with the rest of the system. Needed to shave the lower, upper and shock holder thing on the lower a arm. Also had to grind off the shock cap insert because it didn’t fit inside the turtle racing shock tower. Still have to do the same modification to the rear to get the shocks attached to the towerDAA749F3-353B-4623-BC0A-6A547FCC632E.jpegCE09AF60-1B8E-4B78-8564-18202F8C6FB0.jpeg9484C703-7B30-4E67-A783-3D43FF6E70C6.jpeg8B446F4E-BE15-490E-8266-5D6D9B226416.jpeg05B0ECB9-B047-478A-9933-09EAC4EFBF71.jpegBC26687A-CF4C-4F4A-AACC-B36A24F39D47.jpeg

The rest of the parts came in. Started putting together the front and rear assemblies. The IRc shocks don't like to play well with the rest of the system. Needed to shave the lower, upper and shock holder thing on the lower a arm. Also had to grind off the shock cap insert because it didn’t fit inside the turtle racing shock tower. Still have to do the same modification to the rear to get the shocks attached to the towerView attachment 62139View attachment 62140View attachment 62141View attachment 62142View attachment 62143View attachment 62144

Oh that looks purrrrdy!....

I should have got hinge pin braces and those upgraded engine mounts. I guess that will be next
Buggy looks sweet so far you can never go wrong with silver and black
Do they make that whole front area below the shock tower in alloy. I wouldn’t mind doing that and the front and back carries and bell crank in alloy to add a little weight to the front.

Had to shave the upper a arms to clear the shocks lower a arms could use a bit more of a shave but it will do for now.60E5FDEC-C943-4654-8D4F-2ECDD8780FCF.jpeg606FA19E-365B-4DB5-9C7D-D7AE203900DD.jpegthen all I needed to do was install the yamadude throttle linkage. Took a good long while to set it properly.B0B76E66-ABD7-4B4A-85AC-048AEAF2D0F6.jpegi let the super spikes sit for a week on the wheel before installing the beadlocks and I’m glad I did. They went on with no struggle. With the Baja shell back on it, it doesn’t look like I just spent $2000+ on parts. Maybe it will be my sleeper build.

Attachments

• D846C512-6A89-4608-9501-C44D9CF8C9C0.jpeg
    D846C512-6A89-4608-9501-C44D9CF8C9C0.jpeg
    181 KB · Views: 10
  • EE482B7F-5F8E-4D64-AE79-C561DBF748CA.jpeg
    EE482B7F-5F8E-4D64-AE79-C561DBF748CA.jpeg
    216 KB · Views: 10
Had to shave the upper a arms to clear the shocks lower a arms could use a bit more of a shave but it will do for now.View attachment 62221View attachment 62222then all I needed to do was install the yamadude throttle linkage. Took a good long while to set it properly.View attachment 62225i let the super spikes sit for a week on the wheel before installing the beadlocks and I’m glad I did. They went on with no struggle. With the Baja shell back on it, it doesn’t look like I just spent $2000+ on parts. Maybe it will be my sleeper build.
Nice build mate??
One thing I would recommend is a rubber washer of some description between the pipe and the mount as a vibration dampelr I had the same bzm pipe years back and mine split where the mount plate is welded to the chamber, I had it rewelded and then put some rubber on and it was all good until I sold it??

Nice build mate??
One thing I would recommend is a rubber washer of some description between the pipe and the mount as a vibration dampelr I had the same bzm pipe years back and mine split where the mount plate is welded to the chamber, I had it rewelded and then put some rubber on and it was all good until I sold it??

thanks for the suggestion. I’ll do that tomorrow (y)

with the blackbone gears in the turtle racing diff there is some resistance in the gears. its useable, but Its not free spinning. the problem that im having is that with the spur and pinion on the gear mesh is way too tight. if I take the spacer off between the spur and bearing the mesh is better but then the spur rubs against the plate. what do I do?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks