Bobby’s FG sportline 2wd

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misterleon

EMPIRE RC
Lifetime PLUS!
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
Bought a 2wd sportline from blackrain. Obviously I want to race it because Wagner Park in jersey has a pretty decent 2wd touring class, but most of its life will be spent bashing around in one of the many oversized parking lots in my area. I know nothing about these rigs so ill be jumping into the deep end with this one. does anyone have any good build threads or reference videos that I can use to familiarize myself with the ins and outs of these things? This may or may not develop into a build thread id have to get my hands on it and see if it needs anything to smack around my boys in the parking lot.

Bought a 2wd sportline from blackrain. Obviously I want to race it because Wagner Park in jersey has a pretty decent 2wd touring class, but most of its life will be spent bashing around in one of the many oversized parking lots in my area. I know nothing about these rigs so ill be jumping into the deep end with this one. does anyone have any good build threads or reference videos that I can use to familiarize myself with the ins and outs of these things? This may or may not develop into a build thread id have to get my hands on it and see if it needs anything to smack around my boys in the parking lot.
Post up some pics ? we can see what era it’s from and whether it’s got any subtle upgrades

I ran with the Deer Park crew for a couple yrs. You got some competition in Jersey! Marcos is a fast dude.... Last I ran with these guys they mostly run stock and a big motor would be a 30.5cc. Your gonna want to upgrade to alloy gear carrier, ditch the 2 speed. Adjustable diff is a good buy, the one with the adjustment screw. Got one in my marder. Alloy engine mounts and wheel hubs. Basically all the wear items that wil keep you from breaking down. Steering servo should have strong servo like a Savox 0241 or better. Holding power comes more into play I think in on-road racing. Offroad we slide ya know. Brake servo needs to be beefy too, over 400oz. Buy tires in bulk! You'll need a fresh set every race day! If you raced every weekend with a event once a month you would go through 2 sets of tires a month.

For a motor I would not go any higher than 27.2cc. It's gonna be tough to control when putting power down with anything more. Everyone is running 26/38 gearing so it's more about revs anyhow.

I’m in nesconset
I ran with the Deer Park crew for a couple yrs. You got some competition in Jersey! Marcos is a fast dude.... Last I ran with these guys they mostly run stock and a big motor would be a 30.5cc. Your gonna want to upgrade to alloy gear carrier, ditch the 2 speed. Adjustable diff is a good buy, the one with the adjustment screw. Got one in my marder. Alloy engine mounts and wheel hubs. Basically all the wear items that wil keep you from breaking down. Steering servo should have strong servo like a Savox 0241 or better. Holding power comes more into play I think in on-road racing. Offroad we slide ya know. Brake servo needs to be beefy too, over 400oz. Buy tires in bulk! You'll need a fresh set every race day! If you raced every weekend with a event once a month you would go through 2 sets of tires a month.

For a motor I would not go any higher than 27.2cc. It's gonna be tough to control when putting power down with anything more. Everyone is running 26/38 gearing so it's more about revs anyhow.
Thanks for the info

Oh nice! If I don't sell/trade my F1 by May I'll scoop up a set of tires for it and come bash. An investment in a strong leaf blower might come in handy. We had a guy come with one of those turbo blowers on wheels to dust off the Deer Park track, that was awesome!

Oh nice! If I don't sell/trade my F1 by May I'll scoop up a set of tires for it and come bash. An investment in a strong leaf blower might come in handy. We had a guy come with one of those turbo blowers on wheels to dust off the Deer Park track, that was awesome!
We got a bunch of guys running in hauppauge next Sunday. Planning on bringing it out for its maiden voyage then

My F1 tires won't stick in this cold and I really don't wanna be out in it either :(. Enjoy though! I'll be out again in March/April
Bundle Up A Christmas Story GIF

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks