Bobby’s MCD RR5-e

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misterleon

EMPIRE RC
Lifetime PLUS!
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
The big homie is starting a new project, not sure why, but I’m also not sure why not if you catch my drift. Picked up a used rr5 off the Facebook internet. The plan is to turn this into a e word racer. Slap in 3 lsd’s, take out the disgusting gas stuff, plop in a mcd electric conversion, max5 esc and motor, a bunch of 4s batteries, 1 2s battery, steering servo and bobs your uncle. More to come🍆🍑

spektrum 9120 steering servo
hobby wing max 5 800kv combo
mod lightweight 7200 2s lipo
(4) CNHL 8000mah 120c 4s lipos are on order

just need to gear up for a pretty big cardinal racing order and then this build is toast

Everything is ordered
Pay Me Kim Kardashian GIF by GQ

ur gonna have to gear it lower than u imagine to compensate for motor rpm bring much higher than gas. also get a couple of those really high power tornado fans(forgot the name) bc there is no flywheel to cool anything. Place the motor and esc apart enough so they are not heating each other. Also, don't overlook programming your esc punch levels n stuff, could really wake the system up. No need for an receiver battery bc the esc powers everything (don't forget to set the bec to preferred voltage depending on ur servos). Use mechanical brakes, it will really help out the system with heat, u can turn off/down motor brakes in programming (buy a program card!) I would turn it completely off, but ig u can use a mix of mechanical and motor if u want.

ur gonna have to gear it lower than u imagine to compensate for motor rpm bring much higher than gas. also get a couple of those really high power tornado fans(forgot the name) bc there is no flywheel to cool anything. Place the motor and esc apart enough so they are not heating each other. Also, don't overlook programming your esc punch levels n stuff, could really wake the system up. No need for an receiver battery bc the esc powers everything (don't forget to set the bec to preferred voltage depending on ur servos). Use mechanical brakes, it will really help out the system with heat, u can turn off/down motor brakes in programming (buy a program card!) I would turn it completely off, but ig u can use a mix of mechanical and motor if u want.
Your speaking another language man

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks