Body fitment for Vvtech/Smarttech

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RcEvs4life

I just picked up my first 1/5th scale, it is a Vvtech on road drift car, and comes with a crappy mustang body, I have been researching and looks like the Fg sport line long chassis bodies will fit this car. I picked up a Honda accord body on eBay the wheel base is within 1mm as posted which may actually be the same but the only difference I can really see in the two cars as far as the bodies go is the front mount post on my Vvtec.

here is some pics of the car

Attachments

• 11377083.jpg
    11377083.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 166_0.jpg
    166_0.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 11377081.jpg
    11377081.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 337_0.jpg
    337_0.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 24
You'll have to see if you can adapt the chassis to have FG-style front body mounts and remove that mid-upper-front single mount (or drill a hole in the FG body ....)
The side mounts I'm sure you've noticed are VERY adjustable, so don't worry about matching the FG mount holes there.

Al.

You'll have to see if you can adapt the chassis to have FG-style front body mounts and remove that mid-upper-front single mount (or drill a hole in the FG body ....)
The side mounts I'm sure you've noticed are VERY adjustable, so don't worry about matching the FG mount holes there.

Al.

Yea I was going to remove the front mount, but if it needs the support I will drill the body for it.

you will need something on the front. fg uses body mounts on the front bumper going into the bumper area of the body. i myself don't run them, i use 2 body posts vertical off the front shock tower.

you will need something on the front. fg uses body mounts on the front bumper going into the bumper area of the body. i myself don't run them, i use 2 body posts vertical off the front shock tower.

yes I have seen that the fg has 2 holes in the front, so I think I will just drill a hole for the single mount on mine. -thanks-

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks