bogs after warmed up then shuts off at idle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fxdf1584

King Motor T1000 30.5
have 1 full tank ran through it, put a walbro 668 carb on it when new, broke in with that carb, first did a 15 minute heat cycle, then ran rest of that tank easy, now onto my second tank, 25:1 oil mix, set carb to factory settings, tuned decent, runs good when i go easy, half way through second tank i was holding higher revs, after a little bit it started to sputter and bog down, so i drove it next to me and at idle it slightly bogged and died pretty quick, then did not want to start back up, i didnt try for too long, just a few pulls. i haven't tried to start it since, i wanted to wait until i asked you guys what you think. thanks for any help, im comfortable with most aspects of working on it, but im still new to 1/5th scale and 2 stroke tuning. plug is dry and somewhat dark brown. "mocha" brown you could say. not wet or cacked with any residue if that helps at all. thanks again!

I would richen the LSN a 1/16 turn out and raise the idle a touch to compensate if need be. Richening the low speed needle helps the jump off the line and avoids fuel starvation at idle as the engine revs back down from high RPM's. I'm going through this tuning right now with a tuned pipe I added.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks