Bought a km001 buggy 34cc, what's up with diff oil?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heraclitus7

i just got the km001 1/5 buggy 34cc. learning what i can before running it. newbie rc hobby enthusiast, that i am i wondering about differential oil.when is it needed and is it applied..thanks for your help

i just got the km001 1/5 buggy 34cc. learning what i can before running it. newbie rc hobby enthusiast, that i am i wondering about differential oil.when is it needed and is it applied..thanks for your help
Normally it would come in the differential from the factory. The differential oil lubricates the gears that transfer power from the engine to the wheel axles and it is also needed because without it the vehicle will preform very poorly in the sense of, if u don't have it, the vehicle will favor a certain detection when turning, and that's why they have different oil. A differential with very thick oil will like to fish tail in turns vs a thinner oil will differentiate (?) The power to one wheel to help it turn better. I hope that made sense, I'm not a very good explainer lol

Last edited:
If you bought a king motor buggy diffantly open before you run trust me. Mine was empty for factory. Especially king or rovan trust me. I owned plenty of both and with my experience they come empty or with very little fluid in them. Open it. Youll have piece of mind.

Normally it would come in the differential from the factory. The differential oil lubricates the gears that transfer power from the driveshaft to the wheel axles and it is also needed because without it the vehicle will preform very poorly in the sense of, if u don't have it, the vehicle will favor a certain detection when turning, and that's why they have different oil. A differential with very thick oil will like to fish tail in turns vs a thinner oil will differentiate (?) The power to one wheel to help it turn better. I hope that made sense, I'm not a very good explainer lol
Normally it would come in the differential from the factory. The differential oil lubricates the gears that transfer power from the driveshaft to the wheel axles and it is also needed because without it the vehicle will preform very poorly in the sense of, if u don't have it, the vehicle will favor a certain detection when turning, and that's why they have different oil. A differential with very thick oil will like to fish tail in turns vs a thinner oil will differentiate (?) The power to one wheel to help it turn better. I hope that made sense, I'm not a very good explainer lol

If you bought a king motor buggy diffantly open before you run trust me. Mine was empty for factory. Especially king or rovan trust me. I owned plenty of both and with my experience they come empty or with very little fluid in them. Open it. Youll have piece of mind.
I
thanks
thanks
thanks
thanks
thanks
thanks
thanks
thanks

My 5ive...100k rear...500k center...front 60k atm..(y)..but need to change this :rolleyes:
What motor were you using? How did it handle did you have more on power steering specifically around tight corners and how was your wear on your drive cups and pins ??

Ahh...i had a gizmo 30.5 fm in it at time i went 60-100-30k......but only did 1-2 tanks on that then put the obr34 in.....but it handled sweet at both bashfests around the oval...as per my vids of it......(y)..I've not ran it yet with the 60-500-100k oil's
This is my 5ive though (y)..not 2wd buggy.....like a baja..(y)..so totally different driveing experaince to a 5ive imo(y)..
Heres how it handles.. with the obr34
No noticable wear on the drive cups/pins as of yet.....center pins show sum but i been bashing it for jus over a year now

Last edited:
Hi i bougth two rovan's in the last two moths and mine is a gem no problem what so ever,but the other one from a freind,well thads another thing,i broke her in and took it to work he was driving it at 1/4 throttle to 1/2 throttle and boom there goes the pullstarter took out the flywheel.
Emaild rovan they sent me every thing free of charge.
Put the rig back togheter whent out to drive it than the diff locked sending the car flying in to a post broke the controle arms servo saver.
Took her appart to find the 4 bolts that hold the ring gear to the diff all 4 where lose.
I am ordering 3 more from them in december but will take them appart and inspect everything and loctite every bold and washer.
All by all love my rovan baja.

wow that reinforcing the need lock tighten everything and check out everything..and not depending on the "kindness of strangers"as Blanche Dubois was apt to do..

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks