Bought myself a 5ive-B

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the deal with these Zen 320s...like it'll run for a short period of time and shut down and not wanna fire back up. My searches have shown the the isolator block will warp after a very short period of time..is this true? Seems to have been an issue for years. Regardless mine is acting up lol.

I'd have to scroll back thru but this is the first time I've run it since it got hot shut down etc. Was terrified of catastrophic failure...motor eventually turned back over etc. So I'm home sick with covid been wrenching on both of them to get em working again.

Took it out in back yard. Went thru hell to get it to fire. It was simply flooded beyond belief. Dropped the carb fired right up cleared it good to go.

Put it all back together, fired it drove around back yard for maybe 5 minutes. And it's a solid maybe if it was even that long. On the long straight away driving back towards myself it just shuts down mid way.

This was with no body, and the stock carb settings. Won't lie, I'm a bit stumped.

I'd have to scroll back thru but this is the first time I've run it since it got hot shut down etc. Was terrified of catastrophic failure...motor eventually turned back over etc. So I'm home sick with covid been wrenching on both of them to get em working again.

Took it out in back yard. Went thru hell to get it to fire. It was simply flooded beyond belief. Dropped the carb fired right up cleared it good to go.

Put it all back together, fired it drove around back yard for maybe 5 minutes. And it's a solid maybe if it was even that long. On the long straight away driving back towards myself it just shuts down mid way.

This was with no body, and the stock carb settings. Won't lie, I'm a bit stumped.

Did you check to see if it ran out a gas?....:unsure:

when it shut was the prime bulb still full??‍♂️
That is a very good question...didn't even pay attention honestly. It should have been correct? What causes that? Will definitely have to give it a whirl again in morning.
How have you trimmed/vented the body??‍♂️
Well yes, not an entire bunch...yet. however no body this time around.
Sure you have the correct settings for each needle? LSN is close to the engine. Just making sure. Sounds like the setting aren't right on your carb or somethings off with it.
That had crossed my mind as well, but both the proper needles are set to the proper settings yes. I've got a 990 on my other motor, runs like a raped ape. Considered giving it a shot on the 5b.

Wait ,didnt this happen to you before?... :unsure:
Negative. I mean I did seize a motor in my dbxl when I dropped a wrist pin but things happen
One of couple things ? vapor ? or over heating or leak on the carb??
I'm leaning towards it's a carb issue. It was only running for minutes and shut down on me. Don't see how it can be overheating with super rich stock settings no body barely 5 minute run time etc

Well, it's definitely the insulator block/intake. It's warped. Almost has a twist to it. Stick with oem Zen one or go aluminum with the fancy silicone gaskets or whatever they are made of
In other thoughts are they the same as the cy motors...I've got a spare if so lol

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks