Boy did I pick the WRONG time to seek nitro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Polar_Bus

There is literally NOTHING out there for nitro support. If you have a .21 buggy you have some options, anything else just forget about it. What in the hell happened to the once proud nitro MT class ? Ofna Racing ? XTM racing ? Team Orion ? Collari ? Sportwerks ? There was SO much available out there 15 years ago it was such a fun time to be involved in nitro. I friggin get it, everything is now brushless and I say SCREW THAT life-less lack of realism crap...... sorry DC volt guys but I call it like I feel it... Dam shame it is...

There is literally NOTHING out there for nitro support. If you have a .21 buggy you have some options, anything else just forget about it. What in the hell happened to the once proud nitro MT class ? Ofna Racing ? XTM racing ? Team Orion ? Collari ? Sportwerks ? There was SO much available out there 15 years ago it was such a fun time to be involved in nitro. I friggin get it, everything is now brushless and I say SCREW THAT life-less lack of realism crap...... sorry DC volt guys but I call it like I feel it... Dam shame it is...
CRAP somebody is PISSED !

Ofna is hobao, xtm went under a few years back, origin ,colari are dead. I think sportwerks are still a thing. Nitro mts are dying , probably because they are garbage anyway. Buggies and truggies are where it's at ?

Ofna is hobao, xtm went under a few years back, origin ,colari are dead. I think sportwerks are still a thing. Nitro mts are dying , probably because they are garbage anyway. Buggies and truggies are where it's at ?
Ahhh the once timid lad has grown a big pair and an even bigger head.... LOL ;)

The only guys that diss nitro MT's are the guys that can't tune and can't drive....

Gone son gone!.... team associated only offer nitro in kit form and you supply the engine. TLR offers a truggy kit. And traxxas is supplying rtr nitro vehicles

Ahhh the once timid lad has grown a big pair and an even bigger head.... LOL ;)

The only guys that diss nitro MT's are the guys that can't tune and can't drive....
It's not so much the nitro part, it's the mt part. They are built terrible, the slipper clutch and transmission asepct suck, they have too high center of gravity and handle like ass. Only thing they are good for is jumping imo, and you can still do that with truggies.
Gone son gone!.... team associated only offer nitro in kit form and you supply the engine. TLR offers a truggy kit. And traxxas is supplying rtr nitro vehicles
Don't forget about mugen, xray, tekno, kyosho, ect who also do kits.
Serpent does nice rtrs too

They are built terrible, wrong. the slipper clutch and transmission asepct suck, never had a single issue with the slippers on my 3 Savages, and they saved my butt a few times from as intended slippage under a hard impact and not allowing additional busted drivetrain parts. they have too high center of gravity and handle like ass. True out of the box, but that's why you learn how to slam and tune shocks, add firm low profile tires, and LSD's. Only thing they are good for is jumping imo, and you can still do that with truggies.

Don't forget about mugen, xray, tekno, kyosho, ect who also do kits.
Serpent does nice rtrs too

I do see that SH engines is still around, they were the "new" brand back around 2006 and at that time they were having problems with poor QC and they were prone to blowing up.

Thats terrible. I like to pick up nitro vehicles for no more than $150 bucks ...don't get me wrong tho I had a guy on ebay offer to pick up my hpi super nitro lot for 1200 bucks plus shipping

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks