Brakes ? front or rear or combination

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunner221

Which do you find are best ?

Currently I just have the stock brake on the layshaft of my Carson CRT and I have to say it's not great. So am looking to possibly upgrade, what would be the best thing to go for and why.

I would say discs all the way round I put cable disks all round on my FG MB Pro, it weighs 37lbs and it will lock the tires if I hammer the brakes on pavement. Front brakes are almost manditory because when you apply the brakes the weight transfer is to the front and away from the rear. You could probaly get away with the stock rear brakes and get yourself a set of front disks.

from my days racing and autocrossing in real cars I can tell you that your front wheels / brakes do about 75% - 85% of your total braking. If you are looking for a good setup you'll want to get a set of front brakes and still keep your stock brakes for the rear wheels.

and always remember that traction is shared by all lateral and linear forces you put on your car. (Acceleration, deceleration, and turning)

hope that helps,
BV

:with-stupid: J/K, only one with an arrow.:clown:
Fronts (Disk). Watch the truck as you break going by you. The nose will dive and the rear wheels will slide. If you can get both the rears will help eliminate the diff from working and allowing the rear tires to move in opposite directions taking the truck into a side slide.:)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks