Brakes no good!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PHR

You also finding that your throttle servos do not last long when you use front disc brakes? I have lost 3 now and only keeping the brake systems on as "bling"
What servo do you suggest I get??
I must admit that having them working is a great bonus!!!

Get yourself a good hitec or savox servo

make sure you setup your brakes correctly, trim settings so brakes engage without to much strain on the servo

pls post pics of your current setup

Troy

You also finding that your throttle servos do not last long when you use front disc brakes? I have lost 3 now and only keeping the brake systems on as "bling"
What servo do you suggest I get??
I must admit that having them working is a great bonus!!!

Are you running 6V or 7.4V?
6V 'standard' footprint, I found the Savox SA1230SG http://www.savoxusa.com/Savox_SA1230SG_Digital_Servo_p/savsa1230sg.htm

HUGE torque but only a little slow. It's TALLER than most.

Al.

Troy, got thinking about your comment - I had the brakes engaging as the servo leaves neutral. Changed it to engage at the last "20%" - will test later today.

HI AL, BEEN A LONG TIME! Running on 6 volt. Will def get the Savox. Hope I can get it local, getting from DDM takes a bit long.
Had a a strange brake down on the T yesterday - clutch bell turned off the shaft. So I will have to get a billet from Dave.... Seems the 30.5's are to power full because on the B it shattered my new 2 speed one way bearing after 10 min. So will put a 21/53 combo in - do you agree?

Troy, got thinking about your comment - I had the brakes engaging as the servo leaves neutral. Changed it to engage at the last "20%" - will test later today.

Glad you understand what im saying, you can have the best servo's installed and if not setup correctly they don't last long and either burn out or strip gears under strain................good luck

Troy

HI AL, BEEN A LONG TIME! Running on 6 volt. Will def get the Savox. Hope I can get it local, getting from DDM takes a bit long.
Had a a strange brake down on the T yesterday - clutch bell turned off the shaft. So I will have to get a billet from Dave.... Seems the 30.5's are to power full because on the B it shattered my new 2 speed one way bearing after 10 min. So will put a 21/53 combo in - do you agree?

Why you asking Al for hes don't know anything :lol::lol::lol: just kidding:lol::lol::lol:

Al's a champion:cup-1:

Troy

Last edited:
I shall ignore that in view of the Festive Season!!
TBH, Troy's not far off on this question - not certain what to say.
Are you sure all of the gear's aligned properly - sounds like there's certainly a powerful engine, but that's nothing new.
Sounds like it may not be just a case of upgrade for the sake of it, but take a closer look if there are stresses and strains where they shouldn't be as well.

All the Best to you BTW. How's life in Moise's finest city?
Al.

Hey man,all ok this side. Gears are lined up 100%. Think it is just to much torque, will stick to single speed - any suggestion on the ratios ???????????? Thx for all the input - you guys have a wonderful old years eve and a great new years!!!!!!

PS, I am relocating to Matamata NZ next year!

Im running obr fullmod 7hp engine with 19 pinion 55 spur this gives me a good balance with top and bottom end...

The two speed you speak of is a rovan?

Troy

Will get a set of those.
The T was Rovan, the B a KM. Now both are full DDM BAJA'S!!!!
GTB two speeds and brakes - a bit scared to install the 2 speed in the T, I know it wont last. I will con my son into getting the Dropbox thing sorted and post some pics.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks