Broken FG MT, need help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul_c

Hello everyone, this is Paul in southern New Jersey.

I've been out of RC for some time due to lack of time/running a business.

About 3 years ago, after a hard run, my truck stopped running -- basically felt like the clutch was slipping or maybe something broke.

I didn't know enough about the truck to just start pulling it apart. I tried to find a shop to help me but struck out, so there it sat on the shelf in my garage.

Now I'd like to get it running again. Does anyone know of a shop or someone in my vicinity that could assist? (for pay of course if a private person).
It might be something easy. The truck is otherwise in good shape. I could even ship it out.

Again, due to work commitments, I can't delve into the hobby like I normally do with all my hobbies.

If I can't get it fixed, I'm going to trash it or just let it keep sitting. Maybe I'll get something else, don't know.

Thanks for any and all suggestions!

Paul

Hi Paul.

Welcome to LSF.

Greetings from sunny UK - so cannot help you.
(Insert your location using User CP.)

Sounds like may have been the clutch is worn out.
Simply open up - give it a clean and perhaps some 'release fluid' if its been a while - before you start heaving on the bolts.
Even tap gently a few times with a hammer to loosen the threads.

Al.

Not sure how far South you are but there's a shop in Sayreville called Jo Jo's Hobby Shop And Racing Collectibles. JoJo knows his stuff.

Not sure how far South you are but there's a shop in Sayreville called Jo Jo's Hobby Shop And Racing Collectibles. JoJo knows his stuff.

Great! kind of far but I'll call. Yes, I had given up. Took a look inside there and said to myself, I'll never get this thing back together correctly if I take it apart.
Thanks guys!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks