Broken gearwheel screw

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats a common problem mate with the hpi baja line of cars theres a good thread on here about solving this i think its,,,,hpi pinion bolt mod,,,search through the hpi baja threads im sure you will find it,,i only run fg's so thats all i know on the baja's other than i want one

so do i "on the fg part" tho i wanted a 5sc just to bash with, my fg has taken INSANE amounts of beating, still nr1!

And thanks, ill take a look, and see what i can find. as this is a realy annoying problem, wich i cant understand, since that screw aint supposed to take any pressure at all i tought..

2 options :D turtle racing heavy duty clutch system a bit expensive but

bullet proof ....the other option is to :-

1. Remove the clutch bell, Clutch carrier and gear plate.

2. Screw a bolt through the clutch bell from the inside (it cant be the same bolt as you took out it must be a longer one, high tensile is a good idea too)

3. Re-install the clutch bell, gear plate and clutch carrier.

4. Install pinion using a nyloc nut on the bolt going through the clutch bell to hold it on

K....

thats a common problem mate with the hpi baja line of cars theres a good thread on here about solving this i think its,,,,hpi pinion bolt mod,,,search through the hpi baja threads im sure you will find it,,i only run fg's so thats all i know on the baja's other than i want one
hmm i couldent find any tread's about it, but i was thinking of drilling it maybe, and making it a 6mm, that should never break imo. has anyone tryed this?

don't think you have enough metal to drill and re-tap
if your able to back out that broken screw or if you can cut a notch in it to grab it with a flat screw driver, and do that reverse screw mod from inside of the bell,if you manage to get the screw out and do the screw mod, double nut it the nyloc plastic/nylon locking material will melt with the heat and drip out,and the nut will come loose

don't think you have enough metal to drill and re-tap
if your able to back out that broken screw or if you can cut a notch in it to grab it with a flat screw driver, and do that reverse screw mod from inside of the bell,if you manage to get the screw out and do the screw mod, double nut it the nyloc plastic/nylon locking material will melt with the heat and drip out,and the nut will come loose

i don't have any troubles getting the rest of the screw out, problem is getting the Whole screw to stay put without breaking :p

check that turtle clutch, 190usd just for that "little"problem seems abit much for me, as i have just ordered several packs with the same price tag this mounth. but does anyone know Why this is happening? as i tought there was no pressure on tha screw.

and also, can anyone find out for me how strong the original screw that comes with the car is, as it is possible to get better out there im sure.

as im getting pretty sick of this, about 1 hours driving it, and 3 screws broken..

Tim,-

have you checked your bearings? do they spin free or do you need pressure to turn?
is there play on the clutchbell from front to back while its mounted? basily can you move the clutchbell/pinion in and out after its tightened up
the stronger the bolt is really not the answer if its breaking due to something else.
i use a stainless steel bolt and haven't broken any,but i have never broken any of the pinion bolts either

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks