Brushless Motor Qustion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shiny

Hi all
have a few questions about BrushLess Motors (BL):

1) Witch one is a better BL Castle Creation 2028 or Lehner 3080, in quality and power.

2) witch is better Castle Creation Mamba XL 2 or MGM TMM 40063-3 X-SERIES speed controller.

I tried to copear both but Castle Creation don't have data on ther site.
thanks in advance.

This will be for 1/5 off road electric project. What the deference in winding 6, 7, 8 ... Is more the better or vise versa.
I can talk about Internal Combustion Engines for ever, I am no expert thou. But not too savvy when it comes to electric stuff.

Last edited:
HI Shiny,

Both motors will work really well. I personally like the castle stuff. They are a licenced copy of NEU motors out of states. They are really good motors, make terrific horsepower, are reasonably priced and if you have any problems Castle are great to deal with.

Lehner are very good motors as well, but are more expensive.

In terms of the two specific motors the 3080 is a physically a larger motor and so is rated for more power. From memory the 2028 is rater for around 8000W and the 3080 for 10000W

Mainstream brushless use the term KV to denote the windings and is how many RPM per volt the motor will do. In order to pick the correct motor you will need to determine the voltage you want to run. So for a 3080/7 on 12s the motor should do 33300 RPM. You need to decide what voltage you want to run, how fast you want to go, how much you want to spend.

For the speed controllers again both are very good and reliable. Castle is more novice friendly and is a lot smaller than the MGM. However the castle is only rated for 8s. If you want to run more voltage you will need to use the MGM.

In saying that the castle 8s setup is very fast and has proven many times that it can push a baja to 100km/h reliably

Hope the info sheds some light on the situation if you have any questions please let me know

Here is a link to one of my builds hope it helps.
https://www.largescaleforums.com/showthread.php?t=18173

I did not diced on witch platform I will use. But 4wd is what I want.

Maybe FG but don't know how much the belt system can handle, pulse I would like to have a centre diff that I can use a spool or keep it open.

I like the Gas Devil / Titan / C5, since I had one long time ago. And the upgrade parts are available.

Remember this is still under study, and most probably will require some custom parts.

The setup on my FG Leopard can make excess of 13HP and the belt will handle it fine. I have never snapped or damaged a belt.

If you want to run something with a center diff i would look at the losi 5T. They will be releasing it as a roller and there is a buggy conversion available.

I am very very pleased with the FG, it handles superbly and there is plenty of room to do the conversion. One of the biggest problems with converting to brushless is space to place the batteries and receiver pack. On the Losi 5T the place for the batteries is on the front left corner and the motor goes on the back right, where as with the FG the batteries can run long ways down the center giving for a better weight distribution. Also there is a ready made conversion kit for the FG that run the castle motor and speedy. There are plenty of replacement and hop up parts available

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks