Budget servo options.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey everyone!

New 1/5 scale owner here and recently picked up a 5ive T 1.0 in a trade for a couple older crawlers I haven’t used in a while. I plan on racing this coming season and want to upgrade a few things. It already has chassis braces, springs, tuned pipe, new tgn air filters open style clutch housing, and a few other pieces. I also drywall taped and shoe gooed the body. The question: Is there a budget friendly and reliable steering servo out there for around $150 or less?

Attachments

• 7F7A136E-87D6-4226-A9F1-FA0ED9800D97.jpeg
    7F7A136E-87D6-4226-A9F1-FA0ED9800D97.jpeg
    122.8 KB · Views: 8
Wouldn't use a hitec if it was the last servo on earth. Last one I got was glitchy and hitec told me it was my radio. Swapped out for a completely different rx and TX, (because my futaba was an issue in the first place🙄 idiots) same issue. Contacted them about it and said since it still worked they wernt worried about it. Screw them.

Wouldn't use a hitec if it was the last servo on earth. Last one I got was glitchy and hitec told me it was my radio. Swapped out for a completely different rx and TX, (because my futaba was an issue in the first place🙄 idiots) same issue. Contacted them about it and said since it still worked they wernt worried about it. Screw them.
Curious what you are using for servos?

Hitec 845.. DDM has it on sale for Black on
I just ordered the hitec 845 for my baja 5b. The price seemed right. Me personally have had hitec servos hit or miss.
I’ve heard they were a good brand but have no personal experience as I’m coming from the 1/10 trail truck and crawling scene and have only had the cheaper Savox and Power HD servos. The Power HD servos are awesome and I picked up one for this 5t but it’s smaller than the stock servo so I’m going to return it.
That’s not cool.. what would you recommend? I’m about to return a Power HD 80KG servo that I just got and apparently is a 1/6 servo but the guy I got it from has a Savox sw-241mg not sure if that would be a good option or not.

Attachments

• 69C8EE2C-8DD3-4FDB-B483-898B1B053344.jpeg
    69C8EE2C-8DD3-4FDB-B483-898B1B053344.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 10
  • D893C75E-8123-4D04-8913-A80A3EE64E08.jpeg
    D893C75E-8123-4D04-8913-A80A3EE64E08.jpeg
    105.6 KB · Views: 10
  • AF4A16DD-EEAB-4913-B913-15DF0F4313B9.png
    AF4A16DD-EEAB-4913-B913-15DF0F4313B9.png
    302.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I was running 845 and the damn thing was so glitchy and sounded like a blender inside. The 840 I used for throttle died on the first 1 min of running the car.

I wouldn't recommend hitec anymore. They used to be good but not anymore.

I’ve heard they were a good brand but have no personal experience as I’m coming from the 1/10 trail truck and crawling scene and have only had the cheaper Savox and Power HD servos. The Power HD servos are awesome and I picked up one for this 5t but it’s smaller than the stock servo so I’m going to return it.

That’s not cool.. what would you recommend? I’m about to return a Power HD 80KG servo that I just got and apparently is a 1/6 servo but the guy I got it from has a Savox sw-241mg not sure if that would be a good option or not.
you can buy servo reducers, i know bonehead rc do some or jofer rc (https://www.rcmodelz.co.uk/jofer-rc-aluminum-servo-adapter-for-losi-5ive-black.html)

I've never had an issue with hitec, never messaged them either just sent the servo in with no receipt or anything and they have fixed them free and covered shipping back no issues

I've never had an issue with hitec, never messaged them either just sent the servo in with no receipt or anything and they have fixed them free and covered shipping back no issues
My one and only experience with them, I'll never buy another from them.
Savox and hillantronics. Seems a bunch of guys recently have had issues with the hilly servos. Really it's a revolving door of what's "good". I've never had issues with any of my savox servos, but a few guys had issues with the large scale servos as well. The afrg or whatever seems to be pretty popular atm.

Agfrc makes a 1/5 servo. They mfg for reefs. Same as a beast 1000. I wouldn’t cheap out in a steering or throttle servo.

This is the beast 1000 in my 5ive t

It really comes down to how your using the rig. I was running a Spektrum S9120BL for the past month and it was a real upgrade from the cheapo I've been using but @ $245 I had to return it. I'm burning through a set of tires every 2-3 weeks so back to the cheapo option until things get more competitive.

I think your average basher would do just fine with a $60 servo. 👍

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks