Buggy stalling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rody

Hi all,

I bought a Monster Buggy a while ago, and on it's first run, it turned into a runaway, and crashed it. When I got it, it started up quickly, and effortlessly. After I crashed it, I had to look for the parts I had broken. So I finally found the parts and installed them about 2 months later, but now I'm having a problem with it. It starts and idles fine, but when I go WOT the engine sputters and dies. If I gradually take it up to speed, sometimes it'll go, and sometimes it dies. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do to fix it? Thanks in advance.

could be a number of things, first a few question
- how old is the fuel you have?
- what engine/carby are you running? (take it back to factory needle settings and try)
- is it making smoke?
- hows the idle, is it normal?

that should be a decent starting point.

Hi sperera. Thanks for replying. To answer your questions. The fuel is about 3 months old. It's the stock Zenoah engine and carb. I can't find the stock needle settings. The instructions say not to touch them, so I didn't. I asked Traxxas, but have not gotten an answer (does anyone know the stock settings?). It doesn't smoke any more than is normal (I have 2 of these buggy's), and idle seems to be normal. I just can't figure it out. Spark seems to be ok from the plug, I cleaned the air filter, and checked the throttle linkage. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi sperera. Thanks for replying. To answer your questions. The fuel is about 3 months old. It's the stock Zenoah engine and carb. I can't find the stock needle settings. The instructions say not to touch them, so I didn't. I asked Traxxas, but have not gotten an answer (does anyone know the stock settings?). It doesn't smoke any more than is normal (I have 2 of these buggy's), and idle seems to be normal. I just can't figure it out. Spark seems to be ok from the plug, I cleaned the air filter, and checked the throttle linkage. Any help would be appreciated.

ok mate try this openit the service doc it will show the settings
http://www.modellsport.it/default.asp?nav=2

The problem your describing is what"s called bogging. The engine will start but the low speed is getting toooo much air. You have an air leak. It's time to rebuild the carb and set it back to factory settings. Low 1-1/2+-1/4 High 1-1/2+- 1/4 For Zenoah.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks