Build/wrenching flops?‍♂️?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DougStar

Well Known Member
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
Thought we could share some of those moments when you need a kick in the ass for doing something dumb eg broken/stripped ect?‍♂️?

I'll start???
As you lot know I just swapped out the oil in my losi 5b diffs?? front and middle where 100% ? then when I was doing the rear I Flopped ?‍♂️??? I was using covid gold? (loo roll) to clean the diff gears and when I was done I threw the use papper in the fire? and one of the little shims was still in the papper ???‍♂️ 20200716_114105.jpg20200716_103426.jpg20200716_103501.jpg
?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️ spent 2-3 hours sanding/grinding getting raw finger tips to make a new one?
Please add content coz we have all feked up at some stage?
We know I few members that can add some serious page counts here ........no names mentioned ???

Last edited:
I don't have to many pics ,but when I was cleaning ,re lubing & installing the F.E. bearings on my MT ,I installed the diff in its casing
backwards ,causing the front wheels to rotate the opposite way ,which the truck would not move ,It made me mad because you have to take
a bunch off just to pull the diff off!

My Baja flipped in the grass and stopped running... when I went to start it back it sounded funny when I was pulling the starter. Went home and spent an hour troubleshooting. It got to the point where I pulled off the head TO FIND NOTHING WRONG, I came close to buying either a G320RC or a rebuild kit. Then I noticed something, A PEICE OF DIRT IN MY PIPE! ALL THAT TROUBLE FOR A PEICE OF DIRT. ??

Iv had that ?? with dominator pipe on a baja?‍♂️ lucky I noticed before I stripped the motor down????
My Baja flipped in the grass and stopped running... when I went to start it back it sounded funny when I was pulling the starter. Went home and spent an hour troubleshooting. It got to the point where I pulled off the head TO FIND NOTHING WRONG, I came close to buying either a G320RC or a rebuild kit. Then I noticed something, A PEICE OF DIRT IN MY PIPE! ALL THAT TROUBLE FOR A PEICE OF DIRT. ??

I’ve got another one... so my uncle got a new OBR g340 9.4hp... when he got it he put a piece of shop towel in the carb so no dirt can get in. When he went to start it it bogged down when he gave it throttle. He went through lots of trouble troubleshooting in all sorts of ways... he also broke multiple pull starts. When he took off the air filter he realized that he forgot to take out the rag. ??

There is a few things that I F-up in the past years ago with other RC's!

I bought a new Duratrax street force ,it was a ARR car ,an had to install my own radio gear an I had for got to put the screw
in the throttle servo horn ,well ,when I started driving the car around ,the horn popped off an the carb had went wide open ,
the car took off an hit the curb ,damage wasnt too bad ,it fried the clutch & melted both F&R belt pulley's s it was stuck
wide open against the curb ,the teflon shoes looked a plastic washer instead of shoes!

Another time ,I had a Cox 2 ch 55 '' foamy airplane that you hand launch ,I didnt do a pre-flight check with the radio gear ,
I started it up ,ran the engine RPM's an launched it ,I had no control ,I had forgot to turn the rec. on!

It went down in a field a block away ,shattered!

I’ve got another one... so my uncle got a new OBR g340 9.4hp... when he got it he put a piece of shop towel in the carb so no dirt can get in. When he went to start it it bogged down when he gave it throttle. He went through lots of trouble troubleshooting in all sorts of ways... he also broke multiple pull starts. When he took off the air filter he realized that he forgot to take out the rag. ??

This is exactly why I use tape over my intakes instead of a stuffed towel! I would totally forget the towel...?

My biggest flop was when I originally installed my OBR engine. I didn't fully seat the pinion on the clutch bell so there was a ton of lateral play that I didn't notice until it was too late. I completely thrashed my Lauterbacher clutch shoes and really worked over the DDM Black Magic pinion and spur.

The gears are still working, but I retired the clutch for now.

When I first built my losi I was closing the front diff case ..... just then my wife starts giving me ? bout something ? I over tightened a lower cap screw to the point the head nearly went through the front half?‍♂️?‍♂️? in the end I put a blob of epoxy on it ??? it held for good while until I bought a new case???

When I first built my losi I was closing the front diff case ..... just then my wife starts giving me ? bout something ? I over tightened a lower cap screw to the point the head nearly went through the front half?‍♂️?‍♂️? in the end I put a blob of epoxy on it ??? it held for good while until I bought a new case???

Let me guess ,you & her can go for a long time with out a word ,the minute you start working on something ,thats when she
wants to engage in conversation!

That happens to me too ,I hate that!...:ROFLMAO:

Let me guess ,you & her can go for a long time with out a word ,the minute you start working on something ,thats when she
wants to engage in conversation!

That happens to me too ,I hate that!...:ROFLMAO:
Says mmmm today you can hang in the shed?? hour later hey what the fek are doing down there rest of the fam up here?‍♂️?
Eye eye EYE ????????????
Well other than my last 2 builds, the self tappers in my inner beadlocks feking up my arm and shock bottom is definitely a pretty annoying fek up ?
I didnt say a word??‍♂️ ....??? do you have something you wanna share with us?????

On another note ,I had pulled on a flooded engine with the spark plug out an coil wire laying there ,I manage to burn every fekin
eye lash off ,my wife freaked out!

An one time ,I built a home made gas scooter out of a push scooter & weed eater engine ,I was making a slight turn at
30 mph an the street had a cement gutter type run off drain that very slick , I had road rash from my ankle an on half
of my ass ,she made me get rid of the scooter!....:(

@cbaker65 bro you sound like a walking liability ☠?

I was wrenching on some old electric Rc's years ago ,an was trying to get a tiny screw started in the frame ,I think it was
to re locate a servo , the tiny phillips screw driver had slipped off the screw an went plum through one finger an half
way through the other ,it hurt ,I held my hand up to look fearing some serious damage ,but pulled the screw driver out ,
it only bled a little!

The most scariest was when I test fired a gas hedger with out the bell being around the shoes ,it was a two spring
clutch assembly ,the engine rapped out after squirting a little fuel in the intake ,the spring had flew off an hit me
in the face ,it hit so hard it litterely had a sound of a crack when it hit ,there was blood just pooring out everywhere ,
at that point ,I thout that half of my face was GONE ,so I went in the house an yelled for my wife ,she freaked out ,
thank God she had nursing training ,she cleaned me up .an it was only a little gash!
But it sure did feel that my face was ripped off!...:banghead:

That is why that I express to never fire one of these engines up with clutch shoes exposed!

I was wrenching on some old electric Rc's years ago ,an was trying to get a tiny screw started in the frame ,I think it was
to re locate a servo , the tiny phillips screw driver had slipped off the screw an went plum through one finger an half
way through the other ,it hurt ,I held my hand up to look fearing some serious damage ,but pulled the screw driver out ,
it only bled a little!

The most scariest was when I test fired a gas hedger with out the bell being around the shoes ,it was a two spring
clutch assembly ,the engine rapped out after squirting a little fuel in the intake ,the spring had flew off an hit me
in the face ,it hit so hard it litterely had a sound of a crack when it hit ,there was blood just pooring out everywhere ,
at that point ,I thout that half of my face was GONE ,so I went in the house an yelled for my wife ,she freaked out ,
thank God she had nursing training ,she cleaned me up .an it was only a little gash!
But it sure did feel that my face was ripped off!...:banghead:

That is why that I express to never fire one of these engines up with clutch shoes exposed!
Well ,something finally knocked some sense into you.
Hmmm what'll you think it'll take for ZEE?. Please do tell!??

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks