Build your own axis stand for less than $175

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Parks

Print my own
I recently found a YouTube video of a guy who build a nice stand for less than half the cost of a axis stand. I decided to give it a shot and I am quite pleased! I have less than $150 in it as I found a baja axis plate cheap. It takes only around 10 minutes to make work and has similar features to the axis stand as it uses the axis top baja plate and the swivel.

In one of the pics, I circled where you can see the pipe gets larger towards the top. You cut that off, and it's the same size diameter as the axis swivel. You then attach the swivel, drill 2 holes (5/16) where your locking pin goes through and you are done. I'm pretty happy with it, I have always been to cheap to buy a axis stand and my rigid stand is a pain in the ass sometimes lol

Speaker stand- $25
Axis baja plate- $110
Axis swivel- $50

20200123_225812.jpg20200123_224307.jpg20200123_224259.jpg20200123_224205.jpg20200123_231448.jpg

Ok thanks I am blind.

Also, is it pretty sturdy ?

Yep, actually surprised at how sturdy it is for $24. It has a rcmax 80 supreme in it, with a steel pipe, flm extended arms and other numerous upgrades. It is pretty heavy and it is very sturdy

Well done sir. Very nice stand I am super cheap so I build my 1/5 stand out of scrap aircraft metal and bended the plate the car sits on with our Brake. I build mine to rotate 360 degrees it just does not tilt as yours does but since it cost me $0 I can’t complain ?

Well done sir. Very nice stand I am super cheap so I build my 1/5 stand out of scrap aircraft metal and bended the plate the car sits on with our Brake. I build mine to rotate 360 degrees it just does not tilt as yours does but since it cost me $0 I can’t complain ?
Thanks. Definitely can't complain? Do you have any pics?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks