Building large scale track in Northern Virginia

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottyRock

Well since Awesome RC in Staford banned all gas 2 stroke RC's from thier track, I have started building my own. I live 8 miles south of Manassas and own 13 acres and have set a side 1 acre for a race track, any one that will help on Sunday's gets a life time track pass and 50% off for friends and family, I am working on a buisness loan for a hobby shop, kinda like Awesome RC but Large Scale mainly. The track layout will be like a Pro4 race truck course. Ideas, coments or to add your business to the sponsor wall post a way or pm me, I am a 33 year old Iraqi War vet, not some kid with a pipe dream

What happen for them to banned Large Scales cars?

Thier track is a 1/8th scale race track, and after talking to the owner, the Baja's are just to big and you can't really open one up on his track, and new people that don't have experience really trashed the track. My place is going to be open to all that want a nice place to race,bash, and have fun at. I am currently buying RC parts lots on eBay to stock my hobby shop, and as soon as I get my business license I will be having parts from HPI, FG, Rovan, and King Motorsport just to name a few, like I said it will be mainly 5th scale but all will be welcome. Please ideas, opinions, rants, and what ever else is welcome, help me help the hobby.

Their track is a 1/8th scale race track, and after talking to the owner, the Baja's are just to big and you can't really open one up on his track, and new people that don't have experience really trashed the track. My place is going to be open to all that want a nice place to race,bash, and have fun at. I am currently buying RC parts lots on eBay to stock my hobby shop, and as soon as I get my business license I will be having parts from HPI, FG, Rovan, and King Motorsport just to name a few, like I said it will be mainly 5th scale but all will be welcome. Please ideas, opinions, rants, and what ever else is welcome, help me help the hobby.

Man good luck I think that it will work out for you we need more tracks in the us to get 5th scale cars a big push. The more people buy 5th scale parts and more cars should be available in the US. If I come up with something I will let you know.

Good to hear....Where about in va.?...If not too far I'll will be down..this isn't the one being built in culpepper area.??if not I see a series coming soon..

Well since Awesome RC in Staford banned all gas 2 stroke RC's from thier track, I have started building my own. I live 8 miles south of Manassas and own 13 acres and have set a side 1 acre for a race track, any one that will help on Sunday's gets a life time track pass and 50% off for friends and family, I am working on a buisness loan for a hobby shop, kinda like Awesome RC but Large Scale mainly. The track layout will be like a Pro4 race truck course. Ideas, coments or to add your business to the sponsor wall post a way or pm me, I am a 33 year old Iraqi War vet, not some kid with a pipe dream

Great to hear you're building your own track, just a coulpe of ideas for you (although you're probably well aware of them) Get yourself 2 20foot ISO shipping containers stacked for race control and the rostrom. Although most of the photos I've seen of tracks in the US are dirt, consider using astroturf because it will cut down on track maintenance by about 80% not to mention it'll be all weather racing.
I'm not a kid with a pipe dream either :- HM Forces Bosnia, Afganistan - Twice and Iraq Twice.

Baby is home now and the wife has let me get back to work on the track, I told her if she wants to be a stay a home mom we need a home based business, and she is all for it.

Congrats on the new addition the to family ..hope all is going well...keep us posted on the track...I know of a few will come down to check you out..

hey, not able to help much, but thank you for building this. i am around alex va, not too far from catlett. i hope to have a km baja soon and will definitely plan on visiting your track once its complete! congrats on the new baby!!

hey, not able to help much, but thank you for building this. i am around alex va, not too far from catlett. i hope to have a km baja soon and will definitely plan on visiting your track once its complete! congrats on the new baby!!

KRACKERG,

Where in Alexandria? I live out by Mount Vernon.

already got 11/3 mile oval

hello ScottyRock just saw your post ,have trackalready to run ! Located in chesterfield Va. will be running test runs this and next weekend . looking to start RC park . have room for all types of cars . drop me a line we are just 100 miles south of you . hope this 3rd mile oval will be to 5th scale ,what Talladega is to Nascar, A SUPER SPEEDWAY---slunky1

man if i was in the area i would so b there but im stationed in germany were i have yet to fine an off road track for my beast n bajas but im a iraqi vet n afghan vet also n i love have my rc cars wit me wen i deploy keeps me sane

I run at Mount Vernon High school and Woodley Hills Elementary. I have occassionally run at Grist Mill Park but soccer players get in the way :>)
Not many really challenging spots to ru nin this area.

awesome man...! im always nearby mt vernon high, maybe one day we will catch up

dopey-- YOU take it easy over there, we love what youre doing for us...plus i saw your "twin" :)the twins:), incredible build!! I would love to see it run in person! :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks