Buy a New never used Losi 5t RTR or buy the 5t 2.0?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrueHK

I have an opportunity to buy a brand new Losi 5t RTR with upgraded savox servos and an aftermarket pipe for what I believe to be a good price. My question is should I go with this truck or is the 2.0 that much more superior? I understand the 2.0 has several improvements, are they worth the few hundred dollars more than this RTR? Thank you in advance for any and all help.

I have an opportunity to buy a brand new Losi 5t RTR with upgraded savox servos and an aftermarket pipe for what I believe to be a good price. My question is should I go with this truck or is the 2.0 that much more superior? I understand the 2.0 has several improvements, are they worth the few hundred dollars more than this RTR? Thank you in advance for any and all help.
I'm new to the game but I'd say go with the 2.0. I saw a 5T upgrade/conversion kit to 2.0 and it was whopping $450! Mine turns on a dime, stops on a dime and as you mentioned, has several improvements including bleeder shocks and drive-line angles being optimized.

V1 (y)
use the saved cash to buy A powerful engine
then Go spank all the 2.0’s at the track.
Upgrade shhh:poop:t when it breaks

2.0’s are cool because it’s the newest one out but if you can get a good deal on a v1 or v1.5 I say go for that.

I went thru a similar scenario a couple months ago. Bought a used 5iveT under the impression it was a 2.0.
Turned out to be version 1.5 but I paid $550 for it bone stock.
The new 2.0 is about $1400 USD, I saved about 1k outta pocket. Which turned out great because I’ve spent waaay more on upgrading it to my personal liking :LOL::LOL:

If you have no budget. Then obviously go for the newest and latest. FTW

V1 (y)
use the saved cash to buy A powerful engine
then Go spank all the 2.0’s at the track.
Upgrade shhh:poop:t when it breaks

2.0’s are cool because it’s the newest one out but if you can get a good deal on a v1 or v1.5 I say go for that.

I went thru a similar scenario a couple months ago. Bought a used 5iveT under the impression it was a 2.0.
Turned out to be version 1.5 but I paid $550 for it bone stock.
The new 2.0 is about $1400 USD, I saved about 1k outta pocket. Which turned out great because I’ve spent waaay more on upgrading it to my personal liking :LOL::LOL:

If you have no budget. Then obviously go for the newest and latest. FTW
Yeah... for that sort of savings, GO USED!!!!

No brainer. You can get an RCMax Pro-AM kit with that used kit with housings + new diffs and still come in cheaper than the 2.0. The decision all depends on that entry fee they're charging you.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks