bzm28.5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmolsen

looking 4 info on tuning with the 28.5 bzm. has anybody used that engine, how was tuning/power i put in obr 30.5 long rod, pull great, spins all 4 tires on pavement (losi)20 tooth pinion i do have a bzm ready to test ,any info would be appreceated. p/s losi handles great nice suspention

looking 4 info on tuning with the 28.5 bzm. has anybody used that engine, how was tuning/power i put in obr 30.5 long rod, pull great, spins all 4 tires on pavement (losi)20 tooth pinion i do have a bzm ready to test ,any info would be appreceated. p/s losi handles great nice suspention

Stick with the obr:cup-1:

Start out at 1.5 turns out on both needles if you are using a 668,771 or 990.

Give the engine some run time 30min at these carb settings. Let the engine cool and run up again from touch cool.

Lean in from warm and have fun. With the only RC petrol engine that can't trim your hedge!

Because i was thinking of getting it but i was also thinking of getting the
MMR Pro MX 50cc but its a big step for an engine and at £1.350.00 is ALOT!!! OF
MONEY for an engine :lol:

Because i have the money from my compo claim so all is good but i will have to think
if its the right choice.

if you want a rough powerband and uncontollable power then go with the 50cc. if your looking for good smooth power that is usable then go with the 28.5. my bzm 28.5 is on its way to the house, cant wait. im gonna be running a modelogic 5b side pipe.

on a side note, miniripper, are there any better pipe choices at this time for the 28.5? i am gonna open up the flange a bit to fit the ex. port, but a purpose built pipe would be great.

are there any better pipe choices at this time for the 28.5? i am gonna open up the flange a bit to fit the ex. port, but a purpose built pipe would be great.

There are plenty good pipes out there!

Is it the model logic side mount pipe you have ?
If so what do you think of it ?

you don't understand what i mean. the exhaust port on the bzm is 2mm deeper from top to bottom than the zens/cy's. that is why i ask miniripper if there is purpose built available yet. im sure a larger diameter header would be next seeing that he port is larger. also, ive got a friend out in cali that has done some testing and reports that this engine loves a fat pipe(large volume). i have a large stash of pipes and i have to say, the modelogic side pipe is one of the best ive ran. it is truly a great pipe, it was designed by bartalone racing. i say that cause he is one that need props for such a nice pipe. im sure it will go nicely with the bzm, but after the fat pipe report im on the prowl for a larger volume pipe. i believe miniripper has also stated somewhere that the bzm likes a large volume pipe, if im not mistaken. figured he would be the guy to answer that question.

you don't understand what i mean. the exhaust port on the bzm is 2mm deeper from top to bottom than the zens/cy's. that is why i ask miniripper if there is purpose built available yet. im sure a larger diameter header would be next seeing that he port is larger. also, ive got a friend out in cali that has done some testing and reports that this engine loves a fat pipe(large volume). i have a large stash of pipes and i have to say, the modelogic side pipe is one of the best ive ran. it is truly a great pipe, it was designed by bartalone racing. i say that cause he is one that need props for such a nice pipe. im sure it will go nicely with the bzm, but after the fat pipe report im on the prowl for a larger volume pipe. i believe miniripper has also stated somewhere that the bzm likes a large volume pipe, if im not mistaken. figured he would be the guy to answer that question.

Yea we are having pipes made for us by VRC that will have the 14mm header.
Bartelone is also making a header for his Losi pipe for the BZM.

We also stumbled across the tre TGN track pipe that has the correct size header already. And offers great results.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks