Can’t start Motor after it ran out of gas…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k_h_d

I ran my 5ive T out off gas. Put it up for the day. Went to run it today after filling up the tank. I can’t get it to start.

I removed the plug pulled the pull start several times to make sure it’s not flooded. I still can’t get it to start.
I have a killer bee kill switch. I know the switch is working. I do the startup procedure, turn off the kill switch that is verified by the killer bee stopping it’s beeping.

but I can’t get I to start.

any tips?

what’s the ideal start procedure? I have been only pumping bulb till gas is present. Turning on choke. Pull a couple times till the engine pops. Turn off choke and pull and it’s been starting right up.
Also, is there a way to test spark? To confirm that the kill switch is being turned off? Or not malfunctioning?

Last edited:
You can't flood the engine with the primer bulb. Press it till you see gas flowing through the return line without bubbles.

New plug cmr7h
Try starting with kill switch unplugged
check bolts are tight

Somehow I was seriously flooding it. I think when it’s hot out using the choke May flood the engine.

I turned the engine upside down without the plug and pulled. Lots of gas coming out of piston. Finally got it started.
new question here then…. I’ll go consult the manual. But if it has a tendency to fowl the plug from running rich then first few tanks do I need to be leaning out the top end a little after those first few tanks? Or does it start running leaner just by simply running the engine in?

Last edited:
Breaking in these engines is a myth. To be quiet blunt if there was a serious issue with the engine you would know within a few minutes of running it. Let it heat up for a few minutes and then go hammer down. Also these engines need to be tuned for optimum performance which means you start to lean out the needles (counter clockwise) if you go to far you'll hear the engine tone change and that means you went too far. Small turns not large 1/4 turns

Breaking in these engines is a myth. To be quiet blunt if there was a serious issue with the engine you would know within a few minutes of running it. Let it heat up for a few minutes and then go hammer down. Also these engines need to be tuned for optimum performance which means you start to lean out the needles (counter clockwise) if you go to far you'll hear the engine tone change and that means you went too far. Small turns not large 1/4 turns
Clockwise to lean, mate....

what are you guys favorite sites to order parts from. Is this small spark plug a special order or will any automotive store have these size plugs? Or maybe a lawnmower shop…?

DDM is a one stop shop and is for upgrades and necessities ....detroit performance is another one and deals with more high ends parts and engines... we use both here but DDM is my go to

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks