can a aero 2.4ghz stick be modded to be use on a buggy????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlieboy

i've been thinkin of gettin new radio gear and was wonderin if the aero tx's can be modded to be used on my buggy????? i know there is stick type 2.4ghz tx's out there but you can only get 3 channel and as i use all 3 (steerin,throttle/brake and kill switch) i have no room for add on's such as lights so does anyone know if they can be modded?.

cheers ben

What do you mean by modded? to have surface features added?
I use a Spektrum dx-7 for both surface and air works great. However the programming for the radio is airplanes or helicopters but alot of the different functions of the radio can be adapted for surface use.

Chris

Ring rossmods for advice mate. They will sort you out with something and as you know they are cheaper than most but will price match.

Before I got the Core RC sticks I was looking at the Spekky DX5
http://www.rossmod.co.uk/category/843/5_Channel

I have seen the budget Etronix sets in 4ch and 6ch forms for under £50 as well but not sure on the quality or performance??

You have to be careful with using aircraft radios on a surface vehicles, because aircraft radios usually don't have sticks that return to neutral automatically. And sometimes they don't have a built in failsafe either. It's easy to have a runaway if you aren't careful.

i've been thinkin of gettin new radio gear and was wonderin if the aero tx's can be modded to be used on my buggy????? i know there is stick type 2.4ghz tx's out there but you can only get 3 channel and as i use all 3 (steerin,throttle/brake and kill switch) i have no room for add on's such as lights so does anyone know if they can be modded?.

cheers ben

Yes you can. All you have to do is add a return spring to the throttle channel or swap it from the other stick. Make sure you make a plate to lock out the function of the channel you stoll the spring from if you not goin to use it.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks