Can i convert a sportsline Too

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yep, the semi is the same chassis with a few differences, providing you start with a long wheelbase (535mm) version. obviously the body, wheels/tires are different, along with the side body posts and rear wing mount. the front uses wider wheel squares (depending which race truck body you get), wider rear lower control arms and longer upper turnbuckles, and to go with that you need longer dogbones. and we cant forget the coolest thing, the hubcaps.

Easy as pie. you just need the wheels, change the gearing and the proper front and rear body mounts for that body (much like any on road car). semi just uses a brand new un trimmed bumper on mine. really easy. otherwise it's all the same

semi's rule. it's the only 5th scale I own that I can turn on power, fill the tank, start/stop or adjust the carb and never need to remove the body

nah same wheel squares and same side body mounts even. I run shorts all around. I actually use off road front brakes since the tires are so big... the tires give you the added offset for the wheel arches

and I am using gt5r rear arms and they are cranked in all the way basically on the turnbuckle

Last edited:
sure man. my semi is mostly a nutech gt5r on road car. I just kept my body and some parts and made a blinged out semi and sold the mustang to a buddy.

there's really not much difference at all between them

you won't be disappointed. this is my fav all time rc. it has a bit of ground clearance so handles rough lots... I've even had it airborn more than I'd like to think haha...

it handles amazingly well, just be warned, these tires aren't cheap... but I haven't had another rc that people are all around the track trying to get pictures of as much because I am on 2 and 3 wheels for most corners

I'm racing against my old mustang here... he wanted to pass me so bad too haha. I gave him a hard time after. He was talking it up, ya man I was on your ass... ya but I have video, you never once made the chicane before the straight yup. braggin' rights is fun.

so many people see it and say, that looks cool, can it keep up with the cars at all? Then I drive it. I finally bought new tires. I had those ones for almost 2 yrs and finally retired them. Granted we ran a LOT more this year.

I started this thing with a body, chassis and motor. I have 7 pages of pics in photobucket that show it went through some real experimentation. parts from many brands. Now it's dialed. I'll race anything with it. My F1 is cool and very fast, but the semi turns faster

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice

I'm racing against my old mustang here... he wanted to pass me so bad too haha. I gave him a hard time after. He was talking it up, ya man I was on your ass... ya but I have video, you never once made the chicane before the straight yup. braggin' rights is fun.

so many people see it and say, that looks cool, can it keep up with the cars at all? Then I drive it. I finally bought new tires. I had those ones for almost 2 yrs and finally retired them. Granted we ran a LOT more this year.

I started this thing with a body, chassis and motor. I have 7 pages of pics in photobucket that show it went through some real experimentation. parts from many brands. Now it's dialed. I'll race anything with it. My F1 is cool and very fast, but the semi turns faster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxB0UpiVFyg

I like it alot

You won't be dissapointed at all, it's amazing how they handle plus the size of them is pretty cool. What body style are you going with? Heres a pic of mine.

shawnandtammypics2010033.jpg

all the semis take the big tires. keep in mind the tires are very expensive compared to a touring car tire. the upside is they last longer and the added contact patch really helps them stay planted.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks