Can someone with a Crazy Stu intake Measure something for me plz?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you making your own version? I'm interested haha, the price is pretty steep for the stu!
Well no but my concept is the same if you were gonna make ur own. So this is how in doing it. Buy a velocity stack, $7. You already have your own carb bolts so those aren't needed, you'll have to find the tube but they aren't that expensive, I got mine for $6, dt1 air filter $20, air filter outerwears $22, you could make ur own if you want, 3x hose clamps, approx $4, and the little metal tube for the filter, i got mine for $8. So the total would be like $68. That's if you don't have a filter and don't have outerwears. So if you had your own filter, velocity stack and outerwears it would be a good savings. I only needed the $6 tube and $8 metal air filter tube thing, so I ended up spending only $14. Keep in mind, I own a Baja not a losi so prices may be a little different for you.

Thanks @Z.hb71 This is what I was looking for. I'm thinking about making my own for the losi 5ive. I want to relocate the filter away from the tires (dirt). Do you know the ID/OD of the pipe? What is that air filter tube thing?

The one you were asking the dimensions about. Where does it go? What's the purpose? Where did you buy it?

Thanks for the help! I took the losi out to a dirt track....filter was dud after an hour. It got supper dirty even with an outerwear on.

How are you making the bend Z?
mine already had a 45 degree bend, you might need more for a losi though. id ask ddm or someone on here what the angle on the bend is on the crazy stu intake, through the screen it looks like maybe they took a 180 degree bent tube and cut it in slightly after the bend. heres pics
heres a 180 degree bend tube
tueb tueb.jpeg
heres crazy stu
crazy stu.jpg

Last edited:
This is Hella late lmaoo

But you can actually dip the tube in hot oil. Like a clean deep frier, and bend the hose. Cool off in colddd water immediately after. I use to work at a company that did a more sophisticated version of that with pvc and other plastic tubing. Just adjust the temp of the oil to suitable for the material and voila

This is Hella late lmaoo

But you can actually dip the tube in hot oil. Like a clean deep frier, and bend the hose. Cool off in colddd water immediately after. I use to work at a company that did a more sophisticated version of that with pvc and other plastic tubing. Just adjust the temp of the oil to suitable for the material and voila
Do you need to put something inside the tube so it doesn't collapse?

We rotated the tubing when you were shaping it under the hot oil so no we didn't have to put anything inside of it. We also never bent any crazy angles. Usually 30-45 was the most common. We did however cap the end of it before we started the process. When the pressure built up inside of it cause of the cap. It also wouldn't collapse. Pretty cool now that I think about it, but when I worked there I was 18 years old and I didn't give a s*** about anything ??‍♂️?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks