Canadian online parts supplier?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tuskony

Besides ebay what are some good Canadian Baja 5T/B part suppliers?

I'm not really looking for American companies shipping north as I want to get some parts ASAP so I'm looking for Canadian companies that have parts in stock.

Thanks!

I agree, good luck. I've been trying to get parts for my 1/5, 1/8, 1/10 etc. I've got lucky and got some stuff from Canadian hobby but most I've had to order states side, or Hong Kong via ebay.

Hobbyhobby is good. They're located in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. I order from them quite often. They have a small amount of aftermarket stuff, but when it comes to original HPI or Losi parts they keep a pretty good inventory. You can also try AJ hobbies in Vaughan, Ontario, Canada. AKA Hobbyprosdepot. I buy from their store location in person quite often. They carry a lot of Losi, HPI, ARRMA, Traxxas, etc. Loads of aftermarket stuff too. They regularly buy from DDM, so they have quite a lot of stuff stocked up from them (tire foams, tires, pipes, engines, etc). If not, they can get them in for you in less than a week. You are not stuck buying from the US :rolleyes: I never order OEM parts from the US. I only buy from DDM when it's stuff like turtle racing or Hostile. The prices are better than what the US offers too. I don't understand where DDM gets off charging $27US to ship me a bag of screws. I think US couriers just overcharge to the extreme. The same deal with Rovan/King Motor in NYC. The shipping prices are insane. Totally ridiculous. I can ship an entire 2 stroke engine across the world for less than half of that. Just have a local HS bring in the parts for you. It'll be cheaper in the long run and you support local shops.

Last edited:
Hobbyhobby is good. They're located in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. I order from them quite often. They have a small amount of aftermarket stuff, but when it comes to original HPI or Losi parts they keep a pretty good inventory. You can also try AJ hobbies in Vaughan, Ontario, Canada. AKA Hobbyprosdepot. I buy from their store location in person quite often. They carry a lot of Losi, HPI, ARRMA, Traxxas, etc. Loads of aftermarket stuff too. They regularly buy from DDM, so they have quite a lot of stuff stocked up from them (tire foams, tires, pipes, engines, etc). If not, they can get them in for you in less than a week. You are not stuck buying from the US :rolleyes: I never order OEM parts from the US. I only buy from DDM when it's stuff like turtle racing or Hostile. The prices are better than what the US offers too. I don't understand where DDM gets off charging $27US to ship me a bag of screws. I think US couriers just overcharge to the extreme. The same deal with Rovan/King Motor in NYC. The shipping prices are insane. Totally ridiculous. I can ship an entire 2 stroke engine across the world for less than half of that. Just have a local HS bring in the parts for you. It'll be cheaper in the long run and you support local shops.
Thanks for this. Just went to Hobby Hobby and found what I needed... The Baja stuff is all in a tote, you gotta ask for it.
I was looking at Great Hobbies and was not too impresses with online stock... This made my drive worth while.
I am in Waterloo, so not exactly a trip I want to make just so..

Thanks for the replied everyone.

Baja parts are....kinda hard to find. It's kind of crazy.

I called my local hobby shop first to see if they had the part which of course they didn't but the owner kind of laughed when I asked for an HPI baja part stating that most things are out of stock and on back order because HPI ownership has changed hands (or something to that effect) and distribution channels are all messed up etc etc. She looked. Sure enough the part wasn't in stock and it was on back order from the manufacturer.

Not good at all!

I had to order the part off ebay which wasn't the worst thing in the world but there was only ONE set of 115mm shock shafts listed.

I'm scared to break anything because I won't be able to get parts for it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

They're not wrong. HPI has traded hands at least twice in the last 8 years. Finding stock HPI parts at a hobbyshop is something of a fool's errand at the moment. There is rumor that the latest acquisition is going to lead to new Bajas and subsequent parts making it to the market, but I don't bank on rumors.

Your best bet is going to be finding aftermarket upgrades to replace your stock parts whenever you can. Or buying a cheap roller to use as a parts rig.

Stock equivalent parts are still being manufactured by Rovan RC and King Motors. Quality is rarely as high as the original HPI parts, but they're available, and cheap enough to stock up some extras in case of a failure. With Covid-19, there are a lot more parts on back order at this moment, but they'll become available a lot sooner than anything from HPI proper.

Luckily we benefit from one of the strongest aftermarkets in large scale. The only thing I know that's completely irreplaceable is the diff gears. But there are still ways around that.

Luckily we benefit from one of the strongest aftermarkets in large scale. The only thing I know that's completely irreplaceable is the diff gears. But there are still ways around that.

How common is it to destroy the diff gears? (assuming a stock 26cc)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks