Can't get servos working????? Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drift king

Hi. After a long time getting the right parts together iv finaly got my Fg ready to bash.. After putting it all onto its new chassis last weekend I hooked it all up and after binding the rx to the tx (gt3b) the servos twitched to life but had no mover with the tx input. I thought it must be a dodgy rx as it hasent been used in a bit and I was using a bind plug I had found in a box of parts.. Not sure if it was a match for the reciever of if that even matters.. Anyway I bought 3 new ones that gave just arrived so I bind the rx and hook it up and same again!! Arggg!

1) what channel should the steering be in? Channel 1?
2) the brake and throttle servos are savox 1256 with y lead and steering is a rhino. (used but sold as good working condition.
3) Iv had this controller working before with the original rx.. To bind it I have connected rx to battery and turned on... Hold down bind button and turn on tx.. Light on rx goes solid. Remove bind plug and turn off power followed by tx.. Turn on tx then rx and should be working but again met with frustration!!!!

Please help I'm on the edge of stripping it down for parts!!!

That's how I had it.. Tried swapping channels and still nothing.. The servos are getting power but not recieving the signal from tx.

Please help! I'm at my wits end!!!! Iv tried everything I can think of and it's still not working!! Next step is to buy a new transmitter but the one I have is next to new! It's the only thing I can think of.

Just tried the same battery and receiver on my Carson c5 that's hardly been used and the same result! I'm starting to suspect the tx!!!

channel 1 steering dum down the car with a cheap rec n tx see if it starts working right ,maybe rec is bad or not binding. i have a brgonzoni car i think? maybe u can tell what it is?

Does sound like the signal is not getting to the servos.

As all have said, Channel 1 is steering, Channel 2 is throttle / brake.

Might be a loose wire - check to see if there are any loose wires on the radio plugs you plug into the Rx (receiver).
Look inside the plug and the socket and see if any of the pins have been bent - fairly easily done, particularly in haste.

Al.

Thanks for the reply atom.

All the plugs seem to be ok.. If it were only one servo not working I'd understand that.. But all three are not moving.. I can tell they have power as can hear the buzz wen give them a tweek. Iv now tried two receivers on it so doubt it's bent pins but I have another two new receivers so il try them tonight. I just can't understand it! I wonder if I could use my spectrum dx6i and reciever from my helicopter to check its a problem with my controller? That's actually a good idea.. Don't know why I haven't tried that already??!! It dosent have serttings in the menus for cars but it should still work! Hope I don't blow the reciever for my heli though!

Il fully charge the the battery tOnight and see if that works. That's probably sound advice Trebor.. But at my carpark bashing level I'm not prepared to pay more than half the price of the car in a Guyana or similar spec radio. I have a good quality kills witch fitted also so not too worried about that. Besides plenty of hobby bashers get along just fine with flysky controllers or other standard issue tx.

Check to see if your servo leads are plugged into the receiver the correct way, the black wire should be going to the outer most pin on the receiver.
It's happened to me before that caused the exact same symptoms you've described. Some servo leads don't have the little guide wing on one side of the plug to prevent installing it 180 degrees out. Slim chance that's what's wrong but worth a check.

Thanks for all the suggestions.. Iv had that problem before also Vancouver hobbies.. Checked and there al correct. Just connected my servos thru my helicopter reciever and everything works perfectly!!! New tx is on order!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks