Cant Get Upgraded Walbro Carb to Start? Suggestions Pls. Tks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Westsiderkg

So…I’m frustratingly installing my 3rd 1107 carb now on my V3 MT and I am starting to believe it’s not the carbs, but something I am doing incorrectly and I could use a few suggestions from the group vets here.

Getting good spark and fuel so that’s ruled out.

Also, if I swap back to the factory 668….couple of pulls with the choke = pop, couple more pulls and turns over like a champ.

I’m choking the 1107 the same as the 668, but not getting a “pop”, which I find odd?

I can pull the 1107 until the cows come home and nothing…except the eventual good old flooded engine.

Set the 1107 H needle to 1 7/8 per DDM guidance, +/- ¼ turn…and the L needle to 1 5/8 +/1 ¼ turn.

Nothing, I mean nothing! It’s like the 1107’s are DOA.

I read on another forum a member said to try starting w/o priming the bulb. Not sure what that will really do, but I will try that and report back.

Yet another thread suggesting setting the H / L to 3 full turns to clean out any residue. Tried that as well, nothing.

I also tried blipping the throttle a little while starting and not the faintest sound of wanting to start with the 1107.

Surely there is a trick that I am missing here???

Thanks for the assistance everyone.

Are you leaving the choke on hoping for a pop?
Use the choke for 2 pulls only then turn it off regardless or it will flood.
I find the 1107s run very rich so you may have to lean it off a bit.

westsiderkg i agree with phill2. everytime you pull the starter its adding more fuel to engine in return makes it flood . wich that alones a pain in the $%rse... why are you swapping carbs over if the old one works fine ?...

So…I’m frustratingly installing my 3rd 1107 carb now on my V3 MT and I am starting to believe it’s not the carbs, but something I am doing incorrectly and I could use a few suggestions from the group vets here.

Getting good spark and fuel so that’s ruled out.

Also, if I swap back to the factory 668….couple of pulls with the choke = pop, couple more pulls and turns over like a champ.

I’m choking the 1107 the same as the 668, but not getting a “pop”, which I find odd?

I can pull the 1107 until the cows come home and nothing…except the eventual good old flooded engine.

Set the 1107 H needle to 1 7/8 per DDM guidance, +/- ¼ turn…and the L needle to 1 5/8 +/1 ¼ turn.

Nothing, I mean nothing! It’s like the 1107’s are DOA.

I read on another forum a member said to try starting w/o priming the bulb. Not sure what that will really do, but I will try that and report back.

Yet another thread suggesting setting the H / L to 3 full turns to clean out any residue. Tried that as well, nothing.

I also tried blipping the throttle a little while starting and not the faintest sound of wanting to start with the 1107.

Surely there is a trick that I am missing here???

Thanks for the assistance everyone.
If it's a 32cc it should have an 1107 stock.

oh see!! ive learnt something new here didnt know the bigger the cc the engines are. the carbs are diffrent spec.. im ok then phill2 as ive recently rebuilt my engine to a 29cc 4bolt bigbore kit with brandnew 997 walbro carb seems to run fine tho....

oh see!! ive learnt something new here didnt know the bigger the cc the engines are. the carbs are diffrent spec.. im ok then phill2 as ive recently rebuilt my engine to a 29cc 4bolt bigbore kit with brandnew 997 walbro carb seems to run fine tho....

Yep 997 and 668 are the same carb.
I run a 668 on my 29 too.
I tried an 1107 on it but it just bogged all the time.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks