Carb Adjustment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buggy Basher

Ok, I screwed up the carb adjustment bigtime. Car wont run. It ran perfect till I got the grass in the flywheel and thought the carb was messed up. No air leaks, good plug, gas in bubble, 1 1/2 out on high and 1 1/4 out on low. Plug is extremely wet. It will hit every now and again but that's it. What am I doing wrong?

I gave up for today due to blisters between fingers from pulling. If I let it sit for a day or 2 wont that dissolve the gas? Getting new plugs again tomorrow.

Been there with the blisters and no i tried that too as I tried the next day after letting the plug sit out of it all night and got shot in the face with gas

Ok, after flipping it over and making sure the cylinder was clear, I put in a new spark plug and fully charged the receiver battery. After pumping the bulb and choking it, it will pop over a couple times like its running then dies. With the choke off it will also pop over a few times but wont stay running. I'm about to go back to Electric. AAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Ok, after flipping it over and making sure the cylinder was clear, I put in a new spark plug and fully charged the receiver battery. After pumping the bulb and choking it, it will pop over a couple times like its running then dies. With the choke off it will also pop over a few times but wont stay running. I'm about to go back to Electric. AAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH
OK so did you flood the engine again ? In the summer it's possibly your engine will start with little of no additional "cold start" help (primer or choke). Was the plug wet when you removed it ? Go back dry the engine out again and this time try to start with no choke and stay OFF the primer bulb ! If the engine wont start, THEN close the choke half way and try again, if still nothing than close the choke fully. It's possible your engine may like a small amount of raw fuel to start. All engines behave differently and you need to learn your engine's cold start needs. If your engine still won't start but you hear pops, now im wondering if you have ignition issues like a sheared crank key throwing off the spark timing.

Its another guys issue now. I sold it yesterday and went back to 1/8 scale electric. Getting back into Dirt Oval Racing where I should have stayed all along. It was fun but this is Oval racing is where its at.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks