carb issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lordraptor1

well thanks to dscjester i have my baja running again but i am still having some issues and i am unable to actually do any kind of actula runnig with my baja. anyway here is what is going on and hopefully the vid works LOL, however a short description is that it is hesitant upon take-off even with carb at factory defaults it floods the plug (plug is wet when i take it out).

Last edited by a moderator:
checked for air leak using carb cleaner but didnt find any. haven't tried adjusting carb because it wont run long enough to warm up. the carb is at HPI factory defaults per the instruction manual. fuel is fresh, 25:1 ratio and still have this problem.

wanted to try a new plug but cant until next week at the earliest.

How does the plug look? If its a bit dirty just get a wire brush and clean it off good and shinny like.
Like I said try starting the L out from bottom 11/4 and the H at 11/2. If its bogging out still there is a carb or motor issue. If you removed the carb and put it back on, are you sure the small pulse hole on the carb was left open when you put it together?

Is the choke opening all the way?

well i think i have figured out teh problems (to which there were 2).

first, the carb needs a rebuild because of bad gaskets, bad metering and fuel pump diaphragms

and second there was a burr on my ADA intake manifold by the tiny little hole on teh intake manifold that was tearing up the teflon gasket causing an air leak so i have to also replace teh ADA teflon carb gasket (yet again) however, this time the burr cant cause any damage :D.

i use rcls for teh 5% discount from DDM however unless you place a 100.00 order with DDM it isnt worth placing an order there. 7.00 is to steep fot shipping on a 4.50 gasket (which you can get off of fleabay for 4.50 + 1.68 shipping, not like it really matters cause i am currently still broke LOL

i use rcls for teh 5% discount from DDM however unless you place a 100.00 order with DDM it isnt worth placing an order there. 7.00 is to steep fot shipping on a 4.50 gasket (which you can get off of fleabay for 4.50 + 1.68 shipping, not like it really matters cause i am currently still broke LOL

Call them over the phone. They will help you on the shipping.;)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks