Carb Problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tobermory

Hi all,
I have got a shengqi (tq) hummer and recently i have been having a few problems with the tuning of it.every time i take it out i seem to have to bring a screwdriver with me to adjust the high and low speed needles on the carb.sometimes it will run great and then two minutes later it will bog so much that it won't move. I am starting to wonder if i might need a new carb,or should i loctite the screws on it,but i don't think they are moving.
any advice would be much appreciated.

P.S
if i do need a new carburetta what would be a sutable choice.

Thanks
Toby:D

Sounds like an air leak if you cant hold a stable tune. Its probably bogging through lack of fuel & will damage your head if you don't sort it. Spray wd40 on the joints round the engine, exhaust & carb and if the engine note changes when you spray, there is your air leak. Check the head bolts are tight, bolts through the carb and to the exhaust. Let us know how you get on.

If you are going for a new carb get a Walbro 668. Its a std reliable choked carb.

http://www.mmrlargescale.co.uk/acatalog/RCDDMAV610.html

Sounds like an air leak if you cant hold a stable tune. Its probably bogging through lack of fuel & will damage your head if you don't sort it. Spray wd40 on the joints round the engine, exhaust & carb and if the engine note changes when you spray, there is your air leak. Check the head bolts are tight, bolts through the carb and to the exhaust. Let us know how you get on.

If you are going for a new carb get a Walbro 668. Its a std reliable choked carb.

http://www.mmrlargescale.co.uk/acatalog/RCDDMAV610.html

thanks dwarfy,
I will try that in the next few days. hopefully tightening all the bolts will do the job.

or the tank cap seal is plugged and it is getting pressurized and forcing too much fuel in. when it starts to run rough loosen the gas cap off and see if that clears it up. if so then do a search for tank vent on here

hi there,
I took the car out just now and it seems to be running fine now.the only thing is that i flipped it and i broke the top mount on the rear shock. I think that it was cracked before anyway, so i had to stop running it. is there any reason why it would be fine today and terrible two or three days earlier???
also does anyone know of any decent cheap replacement shocks as the stock ones are absolute JUNK.

Thanks
Toby:D

Bang a new plug in it and make sure the plug cap is push on securely. Also give your air filter a good clean and oil up the foam, thats assuming it is foam and not a K&N type! If it is the K&N type either change it for a std FG filter or get a pre filter to cover it.

hi all,
did as some of you said and tightened up all the screws and bolts on the carb and exhaust. I then cut off the rubber part on the exhaust and :eek:mg: it goes like STINK!!!!!! It was so much better than before, that I stripped the square hex on the wheel!!! LOL. I then changed the front and back wheels around and I ripped the tire off the rim!!! i think its the fastest its ever been. I think im starting to love this hobby now:D:D:D

Thanks
Toby

hi all,
did as some of you said and tightened up all the screws and bolts on the carb and exhaust. I then cut off the rubber part on the exhaust and :eek:mg: it goes like STINK!!!!!! It was so much better than before, that I stripped the square hex on the wheel!!! LOL. I then changed the front and back wheels around and I ripped the tire off the rim!!! i think its the fastest its ever been. I think im starting to love this hobby now:D:D:D

Thanks
Toby

Glad you got sorted bud :D Its good when everything works as it should :cool:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks