Carby problems need Help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GTS 666

Finding it difficult to get started after some miner mods the carb is a clone and I put the needles settings back to factor. However this is a clone carb are they the same as the walbro. I have fuel and spark so I think it maybe the carb settings I have used any thoughts would be great thanks. :)

Finding it difficult to get started after some miner mods the carb is a clone and I put the needles settings back to factor. However this is a clone carb are they the same as the walbro. I have fuel and spark so I think it maybe the carb settings I have used any thoughts would be great thanks. :)

yes same settings but you may have a airleak

The engine was originally a smartech 3 bolt head. I ran it twice and it wasn't near powerful enough so I put a 23 cy ported head on it matched ported the crank case matched the inlet and exhaust. Turbo modded the crank lightened the piston and flywheel and put a 8000 rpm clutch spring on. I fixed my carby prob tonight I had a walbro 668 that has had hardly any use so I put it on and it started with 3 pulls guess I should have just put it on in the first place. Just thought that the clone carb would be fine since it is basically new and I had it started already with it until I though it would be a good idea to reset the needles to get a good tune but then it wouldn't start. hope to get some run time tomorrow pending the weather.

I have heard of problems with clone carbs. Have you run this carb before the up grades? On many of the forums I go to those that have the clone vehicles replace them with the Walbro before ever starting.

Last edited:
Yeah ran it twice was ok I guess just didn't impress me enough. The ports in the smartech head where laughably small very restricted it will never be used again. I thought the carb was ok but I guess it's not as good as the walbro. It will sit aside for parts now.

Smartech make there own motor I believe which is close to CY except for the head which is a 3 bolt pattern I know sounds strange. I put a cy 2 bolt head on the smartech bottom end. Very easy mod only need to drill and tap 1 hole. The cy head is night to day compared to the smartechs tiny ports.

Smartech make there own motor I believe which is close to CY except for the head which is a 3 bolt pattern I know sounds strange. I put a cy 2 bolt head on the smartech bottom end. Very easy mod only need to drill and tap 1 hole. The cy head is night to day compared to the smartechs tiny ports.

Sounds like Smartech run ports the size of the ones on weed wackers. LOL. I had to put bearings in my weed wacker. They did not sell just the bearings they wanted to sell me a whole bottom end for $80. Come to find out the bearings and seals where the same as CY and I had them on hand. So I fixed it for $20 and my time. The ports on it where TINY. Guess this is why a weed wacker put out maybe 1HP and the CY and Zen put out 2.5 hp and up.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks