Carson gas blaster wont idle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Imran Hussain

Hi
Can someone help me please my car won't run needles are factory new plug keeps flooding. The problem I'm having is each time it gets flooded I turn it over pull the start 10 times leave it overnight next day I'll pull start few times put the plug in couple of pulls and it starts but I have to hold the throttle to keep it going once I let go it dies and it's impossible to fire it up again, this has happened every time I start it up over the last 10 days. Problem started when I had to repair the pull start and hadn't started it for a couple of weeks prior to that it was running fine. New plug has got spark good compression as it fires up then dies and it's not that easy to pull u can feel the compression if you know what I mean. Needles factory settings. Please help, can't test for air leak around carb cos it won't idle. Tried leaning the LS needle same problem just won't run without giving it some throttle and even with that it's bogging.
Thanks

Managed to start it with idle screw almost fully in with the LS 3/4 out HS 1 1/5 out idled for 10 mins with slight blip of throttle now n then but then it suddenly cut out and didn't start up again, any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Hi
Just checked my fuel cap and no vent hole or the rubber thing which my baja cap has. My marder has piece of cardboard in it similar to what you get inside the caps of medicine bottled. Any advice please.
Thanks

Hi
You could have vapor lock and that why it won't run properly you need to buy a snappy fuel kit to fix the problem.It vents the fuel tank only and not the gas tank cap. They work very well, I suggest using 5/32 fuel line so your engine does not starve for Fuel. I installed one on my truck. DDM has them for about 30 bucks, I think. check good luck Machine Head

Hi guys
Bought a carb fitted it with new gaskets and fired with couple of pulls but the problem is with the needles at LS 1 1/4 and is hs 1 1/5 turns out it revs at full speed, servo is centred,transmitter is set at neutral, I put the LS needle 2 1/2 turns out it idles nicely but it bogs down. It's not a walbro carb bought it from eBay just says uk carb.
Thanks guys any advice will be appreciated.

Last edited:
imo u need a genuine walbro dude...(y)...atleast then u know u gota good carb on there....u know the saying.....buy cheap:)...buy twice..:(......so the throttle must b wide open for it to rev full chat??......u got the fuel lines on the right way?easily done getting em on wrong...(y)

Hi
Just noticed the plastic insulator black plastic block between the carb and engine has a hairline crack where the bolts screw in just thinking will thar effect the tune. Thanks for replying evssv. I'm near Stockport in the uk if anyone's near me possibly could meet up.

Hi
I'll give you an update mate would like your opinion on it
Had a proper look at the carb and this is what it was doing i apply throttle and release it, returns to upright position slight touch of the brakes or fully applied and it won't return to the upright position but stays at 90 degrees so the throttle is at 50%. Press brake which it applies but when I release it goes into horizontal position instead off upright neutral position if that makes sense. Servo and transmitter is set correctly.
Thanks

I've tried messing with the linkage but same thing happens. Apply release throttle returns to neutral, apply release brake will not return to neutral position but rests as though throttle is applied

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks