carson gas devil(smartech titan)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huntermick

Hi every one new here and wondered if any 1 could help im havin major problems with my carson gas devil(smartech titan)it just wont start ive had the carb of blew all the ports clean put it back on to engine and it still wont start the carb primes ok and ive had spark plug out and its got a good spark and engine feels to have good compression. but when i take s plug out and look into the engine it looks dry and dosnt look like any fuel in there? but it poors out the breather pipe from the tank?also after a few pulls the pullstart goes tight?and im goin through them for fun as they keep breaking in my determination to get the damn thing started.could any 1 please help as im new to petrol engines and clueless.cheers regards mick

hey hope this helps some.......

hello mick.

firstly welcome.

i have too threads you welcome to leave a comment to here anytime.

(fg beetle rebuild) and (carson onroad new start my style)

dc2 man.

so now it sounds to me like a fuel problem,now there are a number of little things you can try first to see if you can get her running.
im going to list out a few things below and will need some answers also to help.

1/how old is engine? new/old?
2/what kind of engine? example-zenoah 26cc,cy 26cc,fuellie 26cc ? etc etc
3/new or old plug? have you spark?
4/what mix oil to fuel are you using?
5/what pipe do you use?

and here is a list also of things i would reccomend you to check now.

1/check all fuel lines to carb for cracks,splits,binding,squashed up against some other part etc etc

2/check your fuel tank fuel line rubber seal to see if it is not damaged or sealed correctly.

3/have you the fuel lines on the carb the correct way around? like inline at bottom of carb(line with fuel filter at the end) and return at the top of carb.?

4/now you said you had carb off before,if so did you put on carb gasket the wrong way blocking the pulse port(small hole at bottom of carb)

5/is your primer bulb working bringing fuel to carb?

6/are you either using choke/leaving it on without switching off/or not using choke to start???

please check these first and get back to me

dc2.....

Last edited:
hi dc2 the engine is about 1 year old i bought it brand new used it once or twice then pullstart broke so i bought a zenoah g2rc301 is it of ebay then i found out that the clutch housing of the stock engine wouldnt fit the zenoah so i built stock engine back up exacltly to how it was and now i cant get it to start its priming fine ive had spark plug out and thats o.k decent spark but when i take plug out it looks dry on top of piston as if theres no fuel gettin in checked all the hoses and there fine?the engine is the stock engine what came in it not sure if its cy28cc. after a few pulls the pull start gets stiff and begins to slip on the fly wheel?

hi all who helped me with my carson had the full engine and carb in bits did a few of your tips and built it all back up and hey presto she fired up i cant believe it superb cheers for all your help and support large scale forum rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi dc2 not sure what the problem was i think the gasket was on correct but your tips and bigger the betters tips came in handy thanks again pal.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks