Case Porting.... Is It Worth It?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MonsterAir

Lone Racer 🤠
I would really like a ESP fully champ ported 30.5cc but $500 is a lot of cash for me right now. So I was looking into buying a stock Zenoah case and putting a 30.5cc ESP ported head on it. That would only run me $275. I have some spare parts already to complete it. I'm just curious how much more of a gain there is with a ported case? Does it justify the extra $225?

Last edited:
I'm not 100% sold on OBR being the end all just yet. Felt like my previous 27.2cc ESP's packed more torque and screamed just as loud as the obr 27.2cc I have now. I have also met 2 people that have had less than spectacular experiences with them performance wise. Have yet to meet an unhappy ESP owner. Though to cut OBR some slack they prob sell more motors then anyone else. I do plan on trying a OBR 30.5 after I build my ESP 30.5 to see the performance differences.......

Back to the intention of the thread. Is a ported case worth the extra $$$?

in that case lol

I cant see it making much difference in power theres not loads of work to match the porting so unless its a cnc billet bottom I cant see why its so much money

if your good with a dremmel then get a stock one and have a go ive not long done the full mod porting to a pum boat Zenoah just copied it from a forum

Hmmm... ive been wanting to try porting my own head, the case seems like a good place to start...... well the reason I can build one with a stock case for $275 is because I have spares, carbs, pullstart and coil. But if I wanted the full mod esp id have to buy a whole engine external bits and all for $500

I'm not 100% sold on OBR being the end all just yet. Felt like my previous 27.2cc ESP's packed more torque and screamed just as loud as the obr 27.2cc I have now. I have also met 2 people that have had less than spectacular experiences with them performance wise. Have yet to meet an unhappy ESP owner. Though to cut OBR some slack they prob sell more motors then anyone else. I do plan on trying a OBR 30.5 after I build my ESP 30.5 to see the performance differences.......

Back to the intention of the thread. Is a ported case worth the extra $$$?

In my opinion case porting at most should be nothing more than removing sharp edges and protrusions.These motors are known to be somewhat lacking when it comes to port velocity.Any attempt to make the transfer bowls in the CC larger in any way will likely not add anything and could even be detrimental. I actually go the other way and fill the bowls with Jb weld to make them perfectly smooth and flat so that fuel shoots directly into the transfers rather than snaking its way up through the transfer bowls.My current motor has this mod with a ported cylinder and it screams.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks