Center diff TB3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tallgoldguy

I've posted this in another forum but not sure if EVERYBODY goes to all the forums.

Short version, wasted the center diff of my TB3. Found out it never had oil in it. In my manual, the part number for the center is the same number for the front and rear diff cases. The problem is that the front/rear diff case is not the same. The one I have does not have a recess in it for the oil seal or o-ring and is flush mounted to the ring gear. I'd rather have oil in it but the case for that is about 2-3mm longer and would have to modify holes in the chassis and get a shorter front dog bone. I've looked at every part on Scott's website and others and they all show the longer case. Does anybody have the TB3 and if so, have you replaced the center diff case? (currently have an email to Scott too)[/ATTACH]
The pic on the left shows the left being stock and right being the replacement the manual calls for. The pic on the right shows how much taller/longer the new case is.

Attachments

• 1019121810.jpg
    1019121810.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 1019121825b.jpg
    1019121825b.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 17
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks