Central Texas 1/5th Off-Road Track-Who would come and race?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been wanting to build a 1/5 scale track for some time, and now I have a piece of property that I can do that. Read below to see what I propose, and post your thoughts.

I need to be sure there will be support before I spend the money. Please post if you would race here, and where you are from please.

DETAILS:

Location- Cibolo Texas 78108

Races will be held every 2 weeks on Saturdays. Hopefully this will help attendance from those from Houston/Corpus/Dallas area.

Dallas/Ft. Worth- 4 Hours
Houston- 3 Hours
Austin- 1 Hour
San Antonio- 20 Minutes
Corpus Christi- 3 Hours

Track will be built solely for 1/5th scale. For those guys that have tried to run on an 1/8th scale track know what I mean. All Lanes will be 20ft wide and will have natural grass borders on both sides of lane. No piping will be used, you know you've been high centered on piping before. All lanes will have 10ft in between them, and 4 hay bales will be made into a square for marshals at each marshal area to stand on. This will give plenty of room for marshals to move around in between lanes, and something to jump up on for safety.

Classes:

To grow attendance, classes will be "open" at first, then after a while we can start breaking them down further.

To start:

1/5th 2WD Gas
1/5th 4WD Gas
1/5th 2WD Electric
1/5th 4WD Electric

If we have 5 entries to make a class, then we can break down to:

1/5th 2WD Gas Buggy
1/5th 2WD Gas Short Course Truck
1/5th 2WD Electric Buggy
1/5th 2WD Electric Short Course Truck
1/5th 4WD Gas Buggy
1/5th 4WD Gas Short Course Truck
1/5th 4WD Electric Buggy
1/5th 4WD Gas Short Course Truck

If there is interest, I WILL build it!

Last edited:
1 from Austin

I'm in but I won't be getting a vehicle until after the new year. Who knows when the 5T will be released anyways and that's the platform I'm looking at unless HPI knocks one out of the park too.

I hope people take into consideration the longevity and dependability of gas engines, as well as the relatively non existent fuel costs, when they think about the extra investment up front. There's also the ability to run long mains without the need to pit.;)

Im with Victor. After the new year I will have the funds to get one of these up and race ready. Im in Austin so Im only and hour away. Every other weekend is appealing as well versus every weekend.

Will there be a point series of sorts or just basic club racing? Either way Im in. 1/5th scale SC 4x4......who woulda thought!

It's going to take me awhile to get the 5t.probably after the first of year for me too.but I'd race.every other week works.im on call every 3.

Cool, spread the word. I am looking at having the track ready to go at the first of the year, so it will be ready for everyone to bring out those Christmas gifts.:D

Definitely will have a series going, with a mix of club racing.

Here is a pic of the site location, plenty of room. I am working on drawing up a layout which has a short course and an oval so we can do both types of racing. i will post that up when i am done.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 100_1752.jpg
    100_1752.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 86
" jlinds " at full throttle in Boerne has one I believe.his name is jeff Lindsey . I'll ask him later today.

Thank you, that would be awesome.

I came across a AMBRC3 last night (which is the newest one) and a copy of RC Scoring Pro (which I already have), but he was only asking $1800 for it, but it almost immediately sold as soon as he put it up on eBay. These things go very fast.:rolleyes:

Should be breaking ground next week. Looking to be open for practice in October with the first race to be scheduled for November 5th, IRONY!:laugh:

Here is an updated pic of the area. The area has not been touched for about 30years, so with the brush growing and dying every year for 30 years has made some really nice black topsoil type dirt!

attachment.php

Attachments

• 100_1774.jpg
    100_1774.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 71
A couple of guys here in Houston were talking about the track. I wouldn't mind going up there a few times a year. The wife always loves to visit San Anotonio so I got a good excuse to go.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks