Changing the Clutch!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atom3624

Many swear words - in 3 different languages!! - later, I've installed the Oddified clutch.
Biggest problem?
Many, but after finally gaining access to the old standard clutch AND removing it - I do have a piston stopper (great buy) - I came across the blasted carrier.
Wife and boy were out fortunately, then the mind of reason said to Google 'how to', and as many know, IT'S EASY!!
Just carefully screw in 2 oversize screws and off it pops!!
The rest is easy now.
Just thought I'd share that one.
Alan.

Nice clutch there Alain.

I know about the screw method, works a treat. Thanks for sharing the info.

Don't you love when your car is in a million pieces and then you re-assemble it to perfection? ;)

Chris

SORTED !! :) AND IT WORKS :clown::):clown:
Also noticed a lot of other things.
One side had started binding - I'd overtightened the wheel nut, which had moved the square onto the bearing - not a good idea!!

Voo, if you're reading this, I noticed another STUPID thing I'd done.
The alloy gear carrier is perfect in design, no problem. The idea of spacers with washers was my not noticing one of the FG collars / spacers IS SHORTER THAN THE OTHER 2 !!! :no:
Sorted perfectly now :clown:

Hey, it worked!!
Perfect now of course.
Can't find reference to those extra long Elcon ball drives you mentioned earlier. Any ideas of the references. I'd prefer to stand off the wheels - longer shafts / squares, rather than have to decrease the wheels in again.
Thanks,
(off the subject) Alan.

Hey, it worked!!
Perfect now of course.
Can't find reference to those extra long Elcon ball drives you mentioned earlier. Any ideas of the references. I'd prefer to stand off the wheels - longer shafts / squares, rather than have to decrease the wheels in again.
Thanks,
(off the subject) Alan.

i will find them but its only the front axles and 25mm squares

My mistake then Keith.
I can find those.
I really needed a longer ball drive rear axle if possible, else I'll have to narrow the square again, to stop wheels coming flying off - and they will now.
It FLIES !! As you know, clutch 'drops' or engages at 8.5k (+/-?).
Alan.

Many swear words - in 3 different languages!! - later, I've installed the Oddified clutch.
Biggest problem?
Many, but after finally gaining access to the old standard clutch AND removing it - I do have a piston stopper (great buy) - I came across the blasted carrier.
Wife and boy were out fortunately, then the mind of reason said to Google 'how to', and as many know, IT'S EASY!!
Just carefully screw in 2 oversize screws and off it pops!!
The rest is easy now.
Just thought I'd share that one.
Alan.

That how-to is here : https://www.largescaleforums.com/showthread.php?t=570&highlight=removal

Just had a quick trial on the now-long-thawed grass and bitumen with my Oddified clutch, high-end DDM pipe (on for a long time) and ...

BEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD !!! :clown::cool2::):cool2::clown:

Brought it back in before I did any damage, but with a cold engine, the idle's perfect, no creep, crank the throttle and INSTANT wheelies EVERY TIME, for a LONG TIME as the extra DDM power comes on - with a standard 2-bolt 25.4cc G260RC engine.
Happy days once again.

hi people..if u do not have a piston stopper.And if u have 500mm of rope...u can remove plug and drop about 150mm of rope into the head.... this acts as a piston stopper to remove clutch...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks