China = lower prices and the quality wow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nomadio_Sales

rcx3%20085.jpg

Spotted at RCX. (well this one is at my house now hehehehehe)

CY motor

Knockoff of a FG Sportsline car

RTR with radio est. price $699 built painted and ready to go go go.... :eek:

Company was said to be started by a former Smartech sales manager it looks exactly like a carson / smartech. The build quality of the car is fantastic looks even better then smartech, servos are GWS 777.

Body and radio is where they fell short (for now), 27MHz AM Futaba knock off china radio and a non lexan white plastic painted / decal Ford GT
LOVE the Ford GT shape just wish it was lexan and more detail it is said to be a licensed body.

US importer is set

You say the quality is good.
Do you own or have you owned the FG Sportsline to make a comparison?
Many of the knockoffs are starting to show up on the market. It will be nice to get a review from someone that has both at the same time to do side by side comparisons.

Just wondering if the WOW part of your post is WOW I have one, or if its WOW I have both and cant tell the difference. This subject is of interest to me and Im just trying to figure out your baseline.

The car for the price looks like it is a winner, we will be testing it at the next NATC series race along with the XRC car.

So far this car looks to be much better then the XRC but it is more moola by a few hundred of our #1 presidents.

This one is much more track / long day of fun ready then the XRC right now. Price point is perfect to bring more people into large scale.

Just took the radio off the RF test bench, I will recommend NOT to use the supplied 27MHz AM TX / RX. The unit would have failed on the track it was almost twice the legal limit out of tune.

The GWS servos are fine for the task at hand.

What are the differences between this and the FG Sportsline?
If the cost is less, minus the radio, where are the week points?
How is the quality of the plastic?
How much play is in the suspension?
How much play is in the front end?
Suspension adjustments?
Are all the parts interchangeable with the FG Sportsline?
Whats the quality of the shocks?
Do the brakes fade?
Tire compound?
Tire inserts?
Wheel quality?

Does it start :D

Just a small sample of the questions I have.
I look forward to your Full review after running it.

Again, What is your experience with the FG Sportsline so we have a baseline for your review?

- Knowledge hungry forum user.

how much slop is there in the body pins?

Good question.
I had my hands on it at the show and thought it felt a bit on the toyish side of quality. I do have to say, I have never had a 5th on road so I can make any kind of statement as to the quality compared to other brands. I do know it wasn't "Solid" feeling like my Baja.

Im hoping someone that has some real life experience with 1/5th on roads had a chance to view it at the show and will get us the lowdown.

Without knowing more, I would say it may be a great parking-lot basher for the price. Sure has a pretty looking lid.

A stock Baja has a real toy feel if held up to "race ready" 1:5 scalers so your hands must be way off....

Im asking about and comparing the car listed above.

Your saying the car you have pictures posted of here is race ready as it sits out of the box?

The only baseline I have for 1/5th to compare (what I believe is the same exact car you posted) is my Baja. In my opinion it just didnt feel as solid. I know that a road car is not apples to apples to an off road.

Ill have to take your word that its race ready and go from there.

Last edited:
Eddy I know you are new to large scale cars as are many people this is why there are forums. More then happy to get the good word out about large scale cars.

This one should be as race ready as the sports line or other entry level cars.

But for some reason you go after me and its really not a good situation so if you would please be so kind and not ask me questions. Thank you.

Last edited:
Eddy I know you are new to large scale cars as are many people this is why there are forums. More then happy to get the good word out about large scale cars.

This one should be as race ready as the sports line or other entry level cars.

But for some reason you go after me and its really not a good situation so if you would please be so kind and not ask me questions. Thank you.

Im in no way going after you, Im simply trying to get info from someone that has more experience then me.

Ill take that back, I am going after you but not in a bad way. Im going after you in hopes that you will share your knowledge with us. I have a lot to learn about this part of the hobby and would hope to count on you as well as others to help us newer people learn more.

I hope you will be generous with your knowledge and share it with the forum. From what I understand you have great knowledge of this industry and who better to learn it from?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks