Chung Yang versus Zenoah

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pefer the Zenoah engine with a cy clutch and a cy pullstart

this is my preference aswell. from my experience cy's just don't hold up or perform like a zen. i port a lot of engines for myself and the zens have tons of compression and last way longer. the plating is thinner in the cy and the bore is not as true as the zen either, causing the feel of less compression.

i noticed your from beaumont, tx. hurrah from over here, right across the border. im originally from little ole buna,tx.

not to get off topic but where do you run there. i an acctually from groves

ive got some acreage of my own that me and my boys play on. also, over in lake charles off the I-10 bridge there is a small beach on the lake we run at when we get a hankering for some real traction. also the old airport over in east lake charles we do our asphault/speed running.

im the only guy over here that runs these things. is there more than just yourself that runs over there or are there others? where do you run at?

I think hotrodders is upset with you :lol::lol:

If something works y be bothered. What came 1st the chicken or the egg. Audi,seat,skoda,Volkswagen all have 20v turbos. The only difference is the name and the cost but all 4 of them are good cars if yu catch my drift. Not to mention super tuneable. Chung yang and zenoah. There both made in china so who cares:lol:

What yu got to understand when yu make any engine or product with a press tool they don't make 1 and make a new tool. They use the same tool to make 1000,s. if you're lucky yu could get a cast from a newish tool if your not yu could get 1 from a cast that made thousands. It's definetly hit and miss. Not to mention what to stroke yu use. I've had my HPI Chung yang 26cc motor for 3 years and it's had 3 gallons through starts of 2 pulls and has lost no horses. Yu engine is only as good as the person who owns it lol

What yu got to understand when yu make any engine or product with a press tool they don't make 1 and make a new tool. They use the same tool to make 1000,s. if you're lucky yu could get a cast from a newish tool if your not yu could get 1 from a cast that made thousands. It's definetly hit and miss. Not to mention what to stroke yu use. I've had my HPI Chung yang 26cc motor for 3 years and it's had 3 gallons through starts of 2 pulls and has lost no horses. Yu engine is only as good as the person who owns it lol

Only as good as the person that owns it?

Well thats me out of the equasion:lol::lol::lol:
J;)

so a gallon a year huh?

im not gonna bust ya b**** to hard but you cant even compare that little of usage to anything. the fact is, zen is a bit better and there really is no arguement to that subject. its not an opinion or just here say. its a fact. while 3 gallons may seem like a lot to you, it really is minimal and i would hope a cy would make it that far or any knock off engine. it should not have lost any power by 3 gallons. if it had then that means you ran it lean. i garauntee a test between a cy and a zen, by the same person and a careful tune, the zen cylinder will out last the cy, and have more compression from the start.

i think the whole cy plating issues is old news, i got the version with improved plating,has been ran hard for a year now,piston and cylinder wall still perfect!

i cant argue with your findings.

i use the cy f270 heads for my sons cars. its chep at largescale rc. only 30.00 bucks for a head kit, ive had two of them flake the plating, and one wore thin in a very short time. you could see the entire bore getting dull and the compression was falling off badly. nevre had a zen do this, either thing. even when brand new yo can pull the rope over so easy compared to a zen of same displacement. i believe it is because the bore is not perfectly round, and i believe the zen has tighter tolerances. i have got some of the 270 heads that lasted for a good while but on average, all my zens waaay outlast the cy cylinders.

the rings wear rather fast on these little guys. some guys replace the ring after some hard running and only a handful of tanks. i normally run an engine for 10 tanks and its technically overdue for a ring job at that point already, the prformance is still ok but a fresh ring will yeild higher performance.

ive read that article more than once. that is bs about the chung yang having truer bore and tighter tolerances. i know an engine builder that has checked the tolerances between the two brands and zen was truer. besides, you can feel it when you pull the rope. never make me believe that story.

i don't think the cy's are that bad now. ive ran a cy head in the marder for a year, changed it a few weeks ago and the cylinder wall and piston are still in great shape.

motorman, i run a cy engine a km engine and 3 zenoahs, 2 stock and one tuned . ive had the cy the longest and it has done me proud, a cheap £50 bb kit. its ran faultless throughout its hard life and its been pushed hard!
between the cy and the zens, i see no performance difference (except on my tuned engine) but the king motor engine i have is weak,its garbage imo. so underpowered ,even with tuned pipe. forget all about tolerances if we go by the performance lol.( one thing i will say is the clone xing carb has worked great.)
i know zenoahs are favourited, i know when i brought a fullmodded engine it had to be a 4bolt zen, but i cant say anything bad about my cy or the one my mate has in the xtm.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks