cleaning you cars after runing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skinny

looking for cleaning methods /products for after runing. I have had my car out in dusty and muddy areas and looking for good quick cleaning methods

can't beat an air compressor at 100 psi. I go a little overboard on the tools I use but I am an auto detailer and have a lot of cool toys at my disposal. a little cleaner sprayed on then air does most of the work. a steam blaster is cheap (XS Cargo has cheap ones) and they remove the thick crud quite easily then blow it dry with air.

a little amway buff up anti static furniture cleaner is great for plastic parts to clean them up and helps keep the dust from settling and makes the plastic look new. and nice smell so you don't get the evil eye when doing it inside the house ;) like wd40

wd-40 then an air compressor or "drip dry". i also use a small paint brush thats spray with wd-40.. simple green works good and doesn't have that much water in it, plus its cheaper. once its all clean i sprits it down with armorall and let it dry. makes it easer to clean the next time

my wife loves this one!!. pull the tires,shocks and radio tray out. then i put it in the bath tub. spray the whole thing down with greesed lightning,simple green or dish soap and water. then i spray hose down with the shower nozzle. when the shower drain plugs up, i just blame it on the my wife, when its really 10 pounds of mud.

I have used my little electric pressure washer too after the spring runs at the track... wash it, spray with my all purpose degreaser/cleaner. spray again, air, brake clean the bearings and such then liquid wrench on all the metal to prevent rust and lubricate

when it's like this
DSCI0002.gif

what is Denatured alcohol i have never seen it on the shelf up here in canada
must have another name

Here in the states you go to Lowe's, Ace Hardware or Home Depot or just about any paint store they have it.

Denatured Alcohol is ethyl alcohol, or ethanol, containing traces of benzene or other additives which make it toxic and unpalatable. While ethenol, in its natural form, is the alcohol consumed in alcoholic beverages, it contains trace amounts of water making it less efficient for industrial purposes than in its denatured form. Introducing benzene or other solvents during the distillation process drives out the water contained in ethanol creating a very pure and potent solvent -- Denatured Alcohol. Although natural ethanol is the alcohol consumed in alcoholic beverages, once denatured, ethanol becomes toxic and can cause blindness or death if consumed.

This may help.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denatured_alcohol
http://www.chemical.net/About/denaturedalcohols.asp?gclid=CMrls9_-rJoCFQE0xgodQ35Dbg
http://www.castlewholesalers.com/KLEAN-STRIP-QSL-26-Denatured-Alcohol-Qt-.html

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I always use the soap and water.
use the same soap as we use when we wash cars ar work.
and a steam cleaner.
then blow it dry aftervards with compressed air.
i always taje out the servoes. readio gear and electroniks. i also take off the air filter and blokk the intake with a plastic bag.

works great for me

som of my friends uses Diesel and compressed air. they just spray the car with Diesel and lett it work for 2-3 minuts befor they use Compressed air to blow the car clean. i have never tride it my self.

i have tyed WD40 but thats nothing for me. the dit tends to stick to the WD40 resudus on the next run.

Just be careful with compressed air! Take care on oilseals, airfilter etc.
I have spoilt oilseals on my dirtbike with compresssed air. Sometmimes it also tends to blow dust and dirt deeper into nooks and crannies (Driveshaft cups, etc)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks