cleaning Your Engine Case's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slawhammer

Ok Here's a tip you can use to clean up the lower engine case's & cylinder..
For your next Engine Rebuild..
Get a old large crock pot...Buy from yard sale ...where ever...
Use antifreeze..(green) mixed 50/50 ....anti freeze & water...
Remove oil seals,bearings and any gaskets....
Put parts in crock pot....add the antifree/water mix covering parts best you can with the liquid mix...
set the temp on low ...let cook 24 hours......Check on liquid a couple times.
as it will boil off...keep parts covered in liquid..
out door garage is the best place if you have one....
when 24 hours time is up..remove parts ..wear rubber gloves or use a hook or tongs..those parts will be HOT....
Let the parts get cold to touch....rinse off with clean clear water...
dry the parts....air compressor works good for this....
Your parts will look brand new again....Just like when you bought them.....
I have done this with motorcycle parts years back.....
Best to you................Slawhammer.....................

Good info there Slaw.
i wonder how a large pressure cooker would work? I have one I use to die my rims. Might cut the time down to minutes instead of hours. I know it does with my beans.:clap::clap:

I would not want to use any thing I will be using for cooking with...
I know It could maybe flammable from the gasses given off....
I would say stay with the crock pot to be safe....Slawhammer

Good one slaw. I have been doing that for years with case half's boil them for a hour then take them out of the water and slap the case half on a piece of wood to remove the bearings, that cleans the case real good. I am alergic to glycol, so I will have to avoid that method, but I am sure it works.

Well guys I did some reading here in the forum...I never noticed any thing on how
people cleaned the dirty engine case's for a engine rebuild....
Yes ...general cleaning after a run...little purple power water and compressed air..
but that was it it.......So I thought I would post up what I have done years back....
Happy Rcing guys.......Slawhammer.............

Good one slaw. I have been doing that for years with case half's boil them for a hour then take them out of the water and slap the case half on a piece of wood to remove the bearings, that cleans the case real good. I am alergic to glycol, so I will have to avoid that method, but I am sure it works.

GM's Dexcool (the orange stuff) it doesn't contain any glycol, so you may be able to use that...

Good tip Slaw, I never would have thought of that..
Trip..

Well that Dex cool should work....that is a new product..only been on the market for about
4 years now....Next time I clean a engine I will try that...let ya know how that works....
I have found that the old slow cooker works the best for a good cleaning...
Any other idea's on this that may help every one out?..................Slawhammer.............

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks