Cleaning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

umeshg

I have received a very dirty car from an e-bay seller.

I feel like using a jetwash to clean. Is it a good idea.

Any other suggestion - cleaning liquid etc to use

Thank you

1st off, that's very poor on the part of the seller to send a vehicle in that state - I would complain, at least to him/her if not Ebay.

2nd - Jetwash? Mmmhhh!!
With a new purchase you need to check every nut and bolt, so it's a good opportunity to strip it down.
YOU MUST REMOVE ALL ELECTRICAL ITEMS.
YOU MUST SEAL OFF THE ENGINE - there's the magneto, spark plug, etc.,
If the receiver, servo(s) are removed, Rx box, etc., you may even consider this.
Servos ARE NOT waterproof, particularly to Jetwashes. You can make them water resistant by various methods - see other threads on the subject.
If everything electrical is removed, engine included, then YES, GO FOR IT - FRESH START.
If not - DON'T EVEN CONSIDER IT!!

I'd certainly use a stiff brush if all is dry and carefully brush off where able, then use a DAMP CLOTH to wipe off the rest, then wipe dry/clean.

I think you get the general idea ... !!

Al.

Muc off , tesco sell it for about £5 fantastic stuff
get a water spray bottle or use an old empty kitchen cleaner bottle , the type you would use to clean worktops fill it with water and lightly mist the car with water ( you can sheild the electrics )then spray Muc off leave to soak for a few mins and if needed use a 1" paintbrush to aggitate the dirty area sparay again with Muc off then use the water spray bottle to wash the car off, it should bring it up like new ( It did with my car ) :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks