climbing video

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pipeous

This one isn't funny, but worth pondering... it's a video that will create vertigo. I've done some urban climbing (we did the scotia tower downtown vancouver like this, except we were half liquored up) but this is higher than I can imagine climbing without a harness

The six-minute film, shot using a helmet camera, follows the progress of two engineers as they scale a 1,768ft pylon

In case anyone is in doubt about the height to which the workers climb, the top of the antenna shown in the film is higher than Chicago's Willis Tower (formerly the Sears Tower), the tallest skyscraper in the US.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20100918/video/vod-amazing-video-of-workers-scaling-hug-dfc7e2c.html

them boys must be mad :w00t:
The commentary says "and this is the most difficult part, climbing on to the top" and they weren't even clipped on to anything!!!!

Mind you I would rather be first up. Who ever was behind me would be getting splattered in shite :lol::lol:

Nice vid pipe :cool: You can even see the curvature of the earth from up there.

Crazy vid that Pipe. What do you do for a living ?

I do some tower climbing myself from time to time. I do RF and radio engineering for the telecoms industry, repairing antennas / masts etc. But not QUITE as high as that one in the vid !!!

Though when I was training and we had to free climb a 70 foot tower, that was quite possibly the scariest thing ive ever done !!:w00t:

I'm an auto detailer. I was sent the link by a friend that does freelance and ghost writing. he does tourism stuff and sends me all kinds of interesting tidbits. I watched this vid and I had to share. get goosebumps just thinking about it

Pete, this one's 25x higher !!!! :w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t: :D:D
I suppose after a certain point, you bow to fate and accept whatever is going to happen (or not, hopefully !!!)
Al.

Your quite right Al ! Though once you get past the 50 to 60 foot mark , if you fall , you aint got much chance anyway !!!:w00t::w00t:

A lot of the stuff I build in our work shop are ONLY (!) small ish 20 metre towers, which , when lying flat for them to be rigged don't look very big but believe me, when they are upright and you climb to the very top, its still pretty scary lookin down !!:w00t::w00t:

FOOOOOOOOOOKIN HELL
Well my hats of to these guys that keep the wave open, that's for sure, When i lived in England i was a steel erector you know steel beam s and all, well that got to some heights and i loved it, just sat out on the open steel (tide on of course) but this is mind blowing guys.
You have to be super super fit for this i tried indoor rock climbing a couple years back and that was pretty hard on the body,so just think on the height these guys need to clime to get to work .

Buy the way he mentioned the toll box well i hope these guys remembered there lunch box :lol:

FOOOOOOOOOOKIN HELL
Well my hats of to these guys that keep the wave open, that's for sure, When i lived in England i was a steel erector you know steel beam s and all, well that got to some heights and i loved it, just sat out on the open steel (tide on of course) but this is mind blowing guys.
You have to be super super fit for this i tried indoor rock climbing a couple years back and that was pretty hard on the body,so just think on the height these guys need to clime to get to work .

Buy the way he mentioned the toll box well i hope these guys remembered there lunch box :lol:

LOL ! Yeh you wouldnt want to be hungry up there !!
I work with a few steel erectors who love their climbing !! Thats where I got my interest from, was into rock climbing for ages !

Did a job in Bristol not long back, and dropping my 17mm spanner early on made the job about an hour longer, as I had to go back down and get it !! Not like in the wokshop where you can bend down and pick it up !!!:w00t:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks