clone pipe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hounddog

am i getting all out of my onb motor with a clone dom pipe or do i need a new pipe i got this pipe an didnt no it was a clone until a couple days ago im new to the hobby:helpsmilie:

think of it this way.

Motor is the power, Pipe is the Curve.

so a different pipe can/will change the way the power is put down.

sounds like your running a clone Dom. i would say you have good lows. killer mids and ehh ok highs. a different pipe will varry the power band. if you choose a JPv3, you ll have ehhh lows, ok mids, and stellar top rpm, from the same motor.

so in part yes your getting all you can get, WITH That pipe, but in another part, no, cuz the motor and make more top rpm, with a different pipe.

I'm running a clone dom on my Baja and love it in every way.....awesome power delivery just where I want it...

I don't need huge power up top......more bottom to mid range....the dom delivers it nicely..

There is only one thing to bear in mind with clone pipes.....

There is sometimes copper or chrome plating...or both..inside the pipe from manufacturing.....this plating can not adhere to the inside to well since it hasn't been prepped to accept plating.....and it will come off.....running the risk of bits of plating entering the exhaust port......which will kill your engine in no time.

SO....scratch something around in there..(screwdriver or the like).to make sure it is free of flaky stuff..

One of my mates had this with his clone dominator and it wasn't pretty..:no:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks