Clubin’s 5t build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ill take measurements and see if i can locate a slightly larger one.
Bam found some and ordered them. Roughly 3/16 taller. Same threads and they are air compressor, gasoline motor approved.

Attachments

• B165F889-FF76-4667-AB26-641CFAF73C62.jpeg
    B165F889-FF76-4667-AB26-641CFAF73C62.jpeg
    49.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Ill take measurements and see if i can locate a slightly larger one.
Bam found some and ordered them. Roughly 3/16 taller. Same threads and they are air compressor, gasoline motor approved.
Atleast with that you have infinite adjustment for the pipe height if you use a nut under the pipe bracket then one on top so then you can jam nut it rather than stack washers and be off the mark that you want.

Atleast with that you have infinite adjustment for the pipe height if you use a nut under the pipe bracket then one on top so then you can jam nut it rather than stack washers and be off the mark that you want.
Then the issue you run into there is running out of threads. Thats why i just went with taller ones.

Great looking build and see you got rid of the headache of the sym steer.. but just wanted to show it is possible to get it to work with a few simple mods to the assembly. Atm they are still a bit too close to the top plate but this is with maximum turn angle and chassis bottomed out on the floor and they do fit under but are touching the top plate very slightly...but here is the thing, I can still improve this further and create more clearance, all you have to do is space the fixing bar of the servo saver down and away from the top plate a little bit with some washers/spacers etc this will drop the assembly down a few mm again and create more clearance. So it does need mods but it can be done. Also the blackbone symsteer is probably the best option but seems out of stock atm.

Attachments

• 20230224_194746.jpg
    20230224_194746.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 11
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks