Clutch bell screw

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nujent

Hi every one. The screw that holds the main gear to the clutch snapped for the second time. First time I had to replace the bell cause I couldn't drill out what was left of the screw. This time there was enough screw left to grab with a vice grip. Any ideas? Is there a stronger screw out there?.........nujent

clutch bell

Not the grub the bolt that holds the primary gear to the bell. As for how it's breaking? Both times under power. Nothing out of the ordinary. Just bashing. Both times on asphalt though. :gun_bandana::oops:

bell

Sure is. Haven't had any other problems with it since I put an aluminum servo horn on the stearing servo. I'm using a HiTech. Also rebuilt the original HPI servo. Upgraded to all metal gears. Love the car. But this problem with the main gear screw is baffling me. Both times it snapped while on black top.:gun_bandana:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks