clutch holder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eyeopenher

how do you all do?? a few weeks back i snapped a clutch bolt. i bought a new clutch holder so i would not have to try and get the snapped bolt out. well thats where my problem started... i can not get the clutch holder off... lol i of course took the center screw out and tried wiggling it off. that did not work. so i try prying it gently. that did not work... added a lil tapping action wit the hammer. that did not work... tried heating it a lil. that did not work... so in the end i just used the old screw extractor kit and got the bolt out and just put a new clutch in wit the new bolts/screws... is there a trick to getting the clutch holder off?? oh, i even tried using a clutch puller and still nothing... i am up and running. but would still like to know what i did wrong or what i should have done... thank you in advanced and i hope i put this in the right section... lol peace

That's strange if it's the part I'm thinking of you should just be able to thread a couple screws in until they touch the back plate (just til they bottom out) then just turn the screws a little bit each until it pops off.

thank you..

i posted this awhile ago, but i found out shortly after this post what my newb arse was supposed to be doing... lol the popping noise is what scared me at first.. lol thank you again for the replies...

You can do the same for the flywheel if I'm correct. Just need to use a piston stop which I'd like to make as well (saw homemade one built from spark plug). Would the bolts be the same size for the flywheel as the clutch shoe bracket to pull them off.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks