clutch question with modded engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tresnsom

hi all,

so my engine is rated at 4.25 and I have a pipe on it, feels like to me, since I put one step taller gears than stock that I have been wearing my clutch shoes out. to the point to where it will not spin the tires if I put it aganst the wall and full throttle it. I have a KRSC002 Rev with 30.5 engine, looking to get an OBR full mod engine or at a minimum a GRSC320 Zenoah 3.18cc. Do I need to up my clutch game? is my clutch already burnt after just under 2 gallons of fuel with stock engine? Thanks for any help

2 gallons is a lot of run time, I would imagine it was a hard 2 gallons at that. Your gonna want to replace that clutch before you damage something, like your clutch bell.

I am about to try the reverse clutch mod, been proven on many Baja forums. From what I heard you lose a little on the low end, not as snappy, but much more "consistent" top end as the pads don't heat up. Got to look for the threads, but claims are pads that never wear out, and consistency.

My X2 is on the bench at the moment doing some maintenance, but sooner than later will experiment the clutch mod.

Mine is already prepped up, some grinding needs to be done for the spring to fit right, because it hits agains the clutch shoe mount. You'll see when you work on yours.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks