Clutch Spring Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magnum

I bought a clutch to replace in my 5B but mist have misplaced it in a race I went to a while back. So I swung by my LHS and grabed another so I could at least get running again. In my haste when I got home I realized the clutch was not assembled. Most I have bought have always been assembly so in shipping this one must have come loose.

Problem is with it being a 8K RPM clutch I am having trouble re-assembling this thing.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get this reassembled? Also, need to note I have a neck injury so I have no strength in my arms to stretch the spring much.

I am building my own 4 shoe clutch that will be easier to assemble (just like the FG styles), but would like to do some playing with my car while I am working on it.

Thanks!

I was trying to do that with not luck, just not that much strength in my hands. But I slapped it in my CNC machine vise and it slipped right in. No pinched skin..:)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks